QUILT SHOWS

Can anyone recommend really wonderful, spectacular quilt shows to attend?  I'm new to quilting and would love to attend a show that offers lots of goodies, suggestions, and things to look at, etc.  Traveling to a show is possible, too.  I live in the Tulsa, OK area.  I would appreciate any feedback.  

My very first quilt show to attend was International Quilt Festival in Houston in 2006. I was just getting started with quilting and it was beyond words to describe. I want to go back again (some day). 

Where do you live? There are lots of quilt shows around the states. We could recommend some in your area. 

Thank you to all of you who replied to my question regarding the quilt shows.  I live in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area.  I think I'll be checking the Houston area for Nov.  I wasn't sure because of the flooding in the recent past.  You all have been wonderful~~~  :)  

Kindest regards,

Ellen 

I'm off to the Houston quilt show in a couple of weeks, my first time there, with my sister, her first time to a quilt show.   I've been to several different ones over the past few years, but there are so many!  I've been to the NW Quilting Expo in Portland, Oregon several times, it's always good. HMQS (a different name now) in Salt Lake City, Utah, fantastic show, runs in May, PIQE in Santa Clara, Calif, runs in October, and hope to maybe get to Road 2 California this January.  Paducah is still on my list!!

4 hours ago, Kwiltr said:

I'm off to the Houston quilt show in a couple of weeks, my first time there, with my sister, her first time to a quilt show.   I've been to several different ones over the past few years, but there are so many!  I've been to the NW Quilting Expo in Portland, Oregon several times, it's always good. HMQS (a different name now) in Salt Lake City, Utah, fantastic show, runs in May, PIQE in Santa Clara, Calif, runs in October, and hope to maybe get to Road 2 California this January.  Paducah is still on my list!!

I am going the Houston on the 3rd - 5th. Will you be there then?

Again, thank you so much for all the kindness and help with the quilt shows.  I'll miss the Houston show this year; I had made plans months ago to be in Branson.  Have lots of fun!!!  I was told OKC had a quilt show in Jan each year, but I can't find any info.... Thoughts??  

On October 10, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Mary Beth said:

I am going the Houston on the 3rd - 5th. Will you be there then?

Hi Mary Beth!  Yes we plan to attend on November 3rd with the 4th as an additional day option.  Not signed up for any classes or anything, simply there to take it all in as my sister isn't a rabid quilter like myself ;), but I'm thrilled to have someone to wander the show with in her!  What are you planning to do there?  Classes, shopping, drooling? Lol!

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Kwiltr said:

Hi Mary Beth!  Yes we plan to attend on November 3rd with the 4th as an additional day option.  Not signed up for any classes or anything, simply there to take it all in as my sister isn't a rabid quilter like myself ;), but I'm thrilled to have someone to wander the show with in her!  What are you planning to do there?  Classes, shopping, drooling? Lol!

No classes, just admiring quilts, and window shopping. If you want to meet up let me know when and where. Friday, the 3rd, I am on my own, my plane lands at 9 am-ish. I should be there by 10am or so. I would love to meet you. 

Archived