NQR - "Dignity" statue in SD and other stuff

Hi.  It's been awhile since I've been on here.  It's been a hard year.  First four months dealing with asthma and bronchitis.  Then I injured my knee and shoulder on my way to Portland in June for one granddaughter's graduation from high school and another's birth of my second great granddaughter.  I missed them both.  I took my seat belt off, turned around, rested my knee on the seat and reached into the back seat of the pickup to get something.  Felt immediate pain in my left knee like I had knelt on a jagged rock and in my right shoulder.  We drove straight through (over 700 miles) to get to Portland and this happened a little over midway.  Within 24 hours I couldn't walk at all nor use my arm.  I was seen in ER and the decision was made to make a beeline for home.  OMG was that ever the hardest thing.  Thank goodness for good pharmaceuticals.  I called both my private Dr and my ortho dr for appts on the drive home.  Had to play the game...x-rays, MRI's, injections and finally surgery at the end of August.  I shredded the meniscus on one side and tore the one on the other side in my left knee plus a couple of other things.  No rotator cuff tear, but being on crutches all this time has taken it's toll on allowing it to heal.  I'm still on crutches and it sucks big time.  I'm planning to try another trip this week.  DH has an Aikido seminar in Seattle so I'm tagging along and getting off in Portland for a couple of days.  

Now, what I intended to do here was show you a picture of a statue I love.  My daughter had to go to SD last week so I asked her to take a picture of it for me.  It's called "Dignity".  It's a 50 foot tall statue of an Indian Maiden holding a Star Quilt (they called it a blanket, but we all know better) built in Chamberlain, SD on a hillside overlooking the Missouri river.  It's the most beautiful thing.  

22154649_10209560591323037_7293167843412347721_n.jpg

22195735_10209560591283036_5671742697136972718_n.jpg

Thank you for sharing this statute. I have heard of it and hope to one day be able to see it in person. Your picture is the best one I have seen. 

Sorry to hear of all your medical problems. I hope you continue to heal and feel better soon. Getting older definitely is not for the weak!

Archived