Bobbin

Danielle

Danielle;

Have you gotten out your manual to be certain your machine is threaded and has the needle installed properly?  Always go back to the basics, when you have an issue.  

Might I suggest you share the town you live in?  Maybe a fellow APQS quilter lives in your area that could assist you.  You might check with your local guild and see if any APQS owners are part of the group.  Quilters help quilters, so I would believe you might find someone that could assist you.  Check with your local sewing machine dealer.  One of my local store owners just happens to own a private use APQS machine.  Her husband fixes all their store machines, and keeps her APQS in tiptop condition.  Someone like that could help you too.  If you purchased new, contact your dealer.  They should be more than willing to be sure your machine it stitching away nicely.  It only helps their business.  If you bad mouth APQS and them in your local area, can they expect to sell many more machines to the local folks?  If you bought it used, here is the link to find a local dealer;  https://www.apqs.com/shopping-tools/ready-to-buy/locate-retailer/

I know it can be frustrating when you first start and things do not work out.  It makes you feel as if you wasted all that hard earned money on a piece of junk.  I assure you, once you get the feel for how your machine should be setup and it quilts smoothly, you will be so happy you bought your Lennie.  It is just going to take a bit of time to get things working.  After that, be sure to take notes how your machine is threaded (did you use all two of the three holes on the tension bar), how is the bottom tension set (drop test/TOWA tension reading), needle size/offset rotation, etc. .  Always set things up that way, and until you can handle changes.  Try to stick with the same fabric, batting, thread, etc. combination.  Why make your life miserable trying to figure things out when your new by changing things every quilt?  Stick with the same setup.  Volunteer to work on charity quilts.  That way you get practice, and you never have to see the quilt again.  The people that get them are not going to complain if you design or tension is not perfect.  They are only going to notice the love that went into their new cherished item. 

I wish you the best of luck.  Let us know how things work out.

Cagey

yes it is still new.  yes I broke a needle and I have retreaded it several times. I did one quilt on it and did great. i think it is probably something simple but can't figure it out.  I live in Cedar city Utah and no one in the guild has the same machine. I have had other long arm friends who have tried to help me and they can't figure it out. I am having a man who I know, who repairs machines, come over so hopefully he can help me. He thinks it is the timing or the hook. I am hoping the learning curve gets easier. I took a class on this machine when I was in Seattle and learned a lot. thanks for your help

If it's the needle, you turn it around. but I think your asking about the needle bar adjustment.  Get out your manual and look at the pictures of the hook timing.  See if the needle eye is in the proper position at bottom dead center.  If not, take the side opposite the tension assembly off your machine head, find the needle bar clamp, loosen it, move the needle bar so that the eye of the needle is in the proper position, then tighten the needle bar clamp.  If the eye of the needle is in the proper position at bottom dead center, the needle bar adjustment isn't the problem, and you should look elsewhere.  Good luck.  Jim

Archived