Martelli Hoops

KathyP

Has anyone tried the new Martelli Designer Hoops with George?  These new Hoops are square and have snap-in rulers.  Seems like it would be easier than holding a ruler in place while moving the quilt.  The hoop helps keep everything flat and holds the ruler too.  I’d love to hear your opinion if you have tried these.

Kathy;

It looks interesting, but I would suggest you try one out before purchase.  I thought the original rings would be great for my George, and found I did not like them.  I felt it was difficult the quilt sandwich nice flat and tight under the ring.  Then when I was working, part of the ring was off the front of the table most of the time.  I ended up giving one ring away, and never use the other.  I for one found batt scoots or just my hands with a little Neutrogena hand cream worked best for me.  The scoots give you grip as does the hand cream which are dried out from the fabric. You will have to figure out what works best for you, and then use that method.  Best of luck to you.

Cagey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I had my George I got the regular Martelli rings and loved them.. They kept the quilt flat and moveable as needed.  Only going on the borders vertically did I have a frustration with more hoop pushing on me than on the table, but they worked well.  I also tried the Halo and that didn't work well at all.  Gloves got too hot and created tension in my hands and body, the Martelli rings avoided all those issues.

Archived