First quilt since Rita's

Completed this in August.  It was the first quilt I finished since doing Rita's quilt back in March.  (It was a busy spring and summer.)  Also my first time doing feathers.  Not great, but not too bad.  Free BOM from AQS from several years ago.  Numerous errors in the pattern, so I guess I got what I paid for.  Gave it to my aunt, and she was thrilled.  All's well that ends well. :)

Ruth's Quilt - angle.jpg

Ruth's Quilt.jpg

Betsy & Ruth - August, 2017.jpg

1 hour ago, tootsquilts said:

Betsy, what a lovely quilt, your quilting and feathers look really nice, and I think it looks great.  The colors are really beautiful.   Another really beautiful thing is the two ladies in the picture.  Which one is you?

Thanks, Cathy!  I am on the left, my aunt is on the right.  By a happy coincidence, her clothes matched the quilt that day.  :)

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Betsy;

I am not sure what errors you speak of, but the quilt looks absolutely lovely to me.  Great job!!!  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

Thanks, Cagey!  I believe I corrected for all the errors in the pattern.  They were things like not cutting enough pieces, not saying to trim HSTs to the correct size, etc..  I did not make the quilt until a year or more after the full pattern had been revealed, and when I contacted the designer to ask for corrections/updates, she was very dismissive.  No apology for the inaccuracies, essentially just the pattern is going to be published so I can't give you that information, you'll figure it out.  I really think she was using AQS members to beta test the pattern.  She is a well-know designer, with many patterns and books, but needless to say, she has lost the opportunity for my business.

Betsy;

Thank you for the update. I guess I will have to watch for the pattern/designer, and be careful of any purchase.  I for one do not like poorly written instructions, as I make enough on my own.  Especially if I have to buy more fabric because of their error and not mine.  In the end, you made it turn out lovely.  I am sure I would not have been that lucky.

Cagey

On 10/31/2017 at 8:35 AM, dbams said:

Thanks, Cathy!  I am on the left, my aunt is on the right.  By a happy coincidence, her clothes matched the quilt that day.  :)

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I'm also thinking the colors were the perfect choice!! Great Job all around

Archived