What are the brands of computerized quilting systems available?

deanacly

I have a Tinn Lizzie 18 Ram longarm and was looking for a computerize system to put on it. I knew of a few brands but just today someone had told me about Butler Quiltez. Now I'm wondering how many are out there so I can compare and see the prices of them. Can anyone help me with this or if they even have a suggestion? I quilt on a daily basis because my passion has consumed me lol! I have been quilting for 2 years and have made over 60 quilts each one being a new pattern I had to try. I can do a few free motion designs but I usually go with pantographs (no drawing talent here lol). I said all that so maybe someone could make a suggestion on what might be a good one to invest in. I don't want to put too much money into it because I hope one day I'll be able to get a better machine.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There are a lot of systems on the market.  Some are only made for specific machines.  On the low end (about $4000), is the limited function Q-Bot system.  Although it won't do some of the things more expensive systems do, I have several friends with Q-Bots that seem to be quite happy with how they work.  On the high end the Intelliquilter ($12000-$15000) seems to be the best of the full function systems.  You'll need to decide what you want out of a computer system, study the capabilities of each, and then find out whether they offer kits that fit your machine.  One issue that you much consider is product support.  No system is better than it's support.  You'll have to do some research to educate yourself on that.  Hope this helps a bit. 

This will be a big investment, so I think you'd be wise to choose your final machine before you buy, or at least be assured that any system you buy can be fitted to, and will be compatible with the machine you hope to end up with.  Jim 

Archived