for sale machines sooooo manyllllll cluttering up other chat

Hi folks,

when I come here, I usually click on "unread" to get the new stuff I haven't seen to come up......most of what is coming up is machines for sale.....does anyone know if there is a way to exclude them from my "unread" search as I already have a machine and am not interested in another one....it just seems that these posts are taking over this board and I really am missing posts about actually using these wonderful machines we have.  I tried just getting into the "chat about anything" and then clicking "unread" but that did not seem to eliminate anything....thanks if anyone has some hints......I guess maybe we could all remind people when these posts come up about selling their machine to put it in that section of "machines for sale" cuz that is where anyone would look who is looking for one.....Lin

Sewingpup;

Two block to the right from UNREAD CONTENT there is FOLLOWING.  In that area, select the "content in areas that I follow"  since you do not follow For Sale, then you should not see anything for sale.  This may be both good and bad, as you may miss out on seeing and thread, rulers, fabric, or other quilting items that may be for sale.  

You can also use CONTENT TYPES.  Click on Topics, then more options, then narrow by forums.  That and the one above working together should be able to get you to what you want.

Feel free to explore and click on all the possibilities.  It is the only way you will learn new things, and it is not going to make your computer blow up.  Though you might want to write down the initial settings, so you can get back to the setting you like.  Share if this works for you.

Cagey

Cagey,

Thanks.....I will explore doing the different clicks....I suppose I could also just open the "for sale" stuff and then it would not come up as "unread" anymore......oh...computers are so not my thing......good thing I had to use them in my former job or I would be a complete dinosaur.

Lin

Archived