Houston Quilt Show

Another show in the bag!! Wow, what a great show. I met Kwilter aka Cathy on Friday, along with her sister. It was so nice meeting her. Then I met Meg Fazio, who was on here years ago....we met for the first time, finally. Then I met up with LeeAnn Maduna, also from here years ago. Donna, aka Sam's Mom from this site years ago too, spent the day Saturday with me. Then in the afternoon Claudia Pfeil and her son Julian Bogan spent time with me. I was able to see her quilt Fractal up close and personal. I have made so many great friends, and I attribute it all to APQS, my machine, and this chat. 

Wow Mary Beth! I so wanted to go but could not, but a few friends of mine from here in Kansas did go. They loved it I haven't heard from all of them yet but I do know one of them said to me when I asked her what she brought back she said " I don't want to talk about it I still have to figure out where I'm hiding all of it."  "It was really wonderful."  Then she said I Have to go next year with them.  I did watch the live streaming of Angela Walters and her Craftsy class The Midnight Quilter and was able to ask questions and she answered them.  I am starting to save money now for next year!  What did you bring back?

Mary Beth;

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.  I am sure you have a great time with Claudia.  I took a feather class with her once, and only wish that I had been smart enough to have taken the entire 4 days of quilting classes she taught in Orlando.  If the feather class had been the first day of classes, I would have signed up for the rest of them.  Unfortunately, it was the last day of lessons.  Thank you for sharing us in on your fun.

Cagey

On 2017-11-06 at 12:16 PM, Mary Beth said:

Another show in the bag!! Wow, what a great show. I met Kwilter aka Cathy on Friday, along with her sister. It was so nice meeting her. 

It was great to meet you too Mary Beth and so glad it worked out for us to connect!  We only got to the show for that one day and we only saw a fraction of the quilts. We both ended up sick with rotten colds and one day is just not enough!!  Next time!

• 2 weeks later...

It's absolutely true...MB & I finally met. 

And I felt like I'd known her for years. 

(Cause I kinda have)

if you get a chance to meet her, do it. 

Shes even more warm & wonderful in person. 

Im trying to post a picture of us at the show. I've been lurking here for so long, that the downloading process has changed completely since I last posted so, we'll see. 

IMG_3744.JPG

I went to the Houston show not this year, but last year and I will tell you that my three days was not enough to see everything.  We had taken time out to drive out to Waco to visit everything Fixer Upper.  I will say that it was worth it, but next time, I would definitely spend more time at the show.  

Archived