Sign in to follow this  
SWall

This one was a Squeaker!!

This baby quilt was done for a first time quilter. My customer made this for her very first grand-daughter who is due later this month. Unfortunately, she had not understood or forgotten that the LQS told her to leave extra fabric and batting on all edges of the quilt.  Actually I think she simply followed instructions on how to prepare her quilt if she was quilting it on her domestic machine... She really wasn't quite sure but anyways... 

When she called me she told me that the quilt had been trimmed/basted and pinned and was ready for me! Yikes! Well, I said "bring it over and let's have a look and see what we can do". Thankfully she had left enough backing on the top and bottom so that I could add fabric to the backing to be able to load the quilt with my leader grips. There was barely enough extra on the sides and I was able to quilt it and keep it square without having to add extra fabric. I literally had about 1/2" of backing on each side... Had to watch QP VERY carefully as it quilted near the edges!

It was quilted with Yipee Ki Yay panto by Patricia Ritter.   Superior So Fine on top and Magna-Glide bobbin on bottom. 

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0634.JPG.94db9b0bbb61de674760f1e9b89db52a.JPGIMG_0633.JPG.76417ab4919168be565479abd3876121.JPG

Sharon Wall

Quilting with my ‘Mustang Sally’ (Blissed Freedom with QP)

Very cute!  Good job making it work for your customer.  I bet she never forgets the lesson she learned about leaving extra fabric for the long-arm quilter. :)

Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Sharon

Great save.  It turned out wonderful, and I am sure she loved it.  I am sure you have earned yourself a loyal quilting customer going forward.  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Great job!  Glad to see that I'm not the only one who uses green painters tape in ways it was not originally intended.

Gail Olfert

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of times our breath is taken away

Great  job.  Longarmer's are geniuses at figuring things out.  I bet we could write a book on the things we've seen.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

The quilt was just picked up and she was thrilled! She told me that I would be seeing more of her in the future :)

Sharon Wall

On 11/8/2017 at 6:38 AM, Gail O said:

Great job!  Glad to see that I'm not the only one who uses green painters tape in ways it was not originally intended.

I always use the green painters tape to mark my quilt path rows and leave them on until I have inspected the quilt so in case I need to make a repair somewhere it's easier to do so.

Sharon Wall