Crosshatch

Any suggestion on Crosshatch would be appreciated. FIrst time on Lucey. It a small quilt and I drew lines on it before I loaded it. But how do you finish the longest lines without breaking thread right in the middle?  My customer wants a wide crosshatch, and its like 3 inch squares through the quilt with the 3 inch wide crosshatch.

oh my......the only two options I see are to just do the thread tie offs and then when you roll the quilt...start up again...are there seams you can end in to make it neater?  the other option would be to stop and roll the quilt for each line....but I am not sure I would want to do that.....as it might make difficult to keep the quilt as flat as it aught to be.....leaving long tails at the end of the stitching...would let you go back later and tie knots and bury them in the sandwich with a hand needle later.....me...I probably would just do my small stitches method....others who actually quilt for living will pop in I am sure.....I just quilt bed quilts for myself....not for show....is this quilt going to be for show?  for display?  given to a small child to drag around?  That would make a difference too.....Lin

The customer  just said she didnt know who would get it. I will just bury the threads. stop and go would be better that roll the quilt back and forth. Thanks. I just thought someone might have a better way. WIshful thinking always! I should have quilted it on my table top (quilting sewing machine).

I am  not sure how all of you bury threads, but after taking Cindy Needham's class, this is one of the easiest methods I know of, and it does not require any special needles.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34ggPYamjc  If you do it another way, maybe this will help you.  You may it even easier if you barrow a short piece of low test "braided fishing line" from your husbands.  The thread while thin as sewing thread is much stiffer and holds it form, thus does not slip of the needle all that easy.

Archived