Hi-Tech Inbonded Quilting thread

Greetings everybody,

I hope I’m not being rude or intrusive but I’m trying to introduce my product to as many new people as possible. It is a product I personally designed from our family run business.

It is a 3 ply, S twisted , extra heavy duty thread. Our thread is internally bonded so it won’t create any chafe on your sewing machines. It will also not come undone. The thread is so strong it is practically unbreakable with your bare hands, you will need a pair of extra sharp scissors to get through it.

Our patented manufacturing process also results in a thread that is ultra-color fast and super sleek for easy sewing. Our materials are UV, Salt water and element resistant. It will not shrink or deteriorate in extreme heat or cold.

It is a product I have personally designed for quilting, leatherworking, upholstery, bags, shoes, jackets , tents , canvas, denim and marine products.

We know that you have a choice when it comes to high-quality threads such as Aurafil, Guttermann and Coats & Clark. Our goal is to bring you the best possible , top quality product at a price point and volume that will completely beat out our competitors.

This is that thread.

I hope it finds its way from my hands to yours.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773GP23S

KakaoTalk_20171026_015952437.jpg.270d3383f5c270c8d6ecc731bef79803.jpg

Newbie:  I clicked on your Amazon reference, and saw that what was offered there was traditional spools.  Do you offer your thread on cones?  Most of our machines were designed to take thread off cones, and while a lot of us can use spools, I personally wouldn't be interested unless it's available on cones.  Thanks for letting us know about your product.  BTW, how many colors do you offer?  Regards.  Jim

Hello ,

Thank you for your replies.

Yes Jim, you are correct that thread on cones is the most comfortable and convenient way. All the product we sell to our b2b clients are all on large 1000m~4000m cones. Our thread's strength is unparred and if you happen to have leather seating in your vehicle  you might be using it right now! Our biggest multi-national clients all provide upholstery and sewing for GM , Hyundai, Kia and several other auto-brands.

The product I'm showcasing here is my own creation, I wanted to offer it directly to b2c clients, so I chose these 200m/218Y spools as they could be used by a machine and through hand use. I was also uncertain as to which would be the most popular or indemand colors from our color palette so I created an assortment. After reading your comment though I have reconsidered, perhaps I will list some 1000m cones. Which colors would you say you would typically use the most for this type of product?

Hello Neher,

This thread is 65wt/3 Ply, or 135 Denier/3 , TEX-15. It has been internally bonded so it won't unply and thus will also not create any chafe or fray like our competitor's products.

The color fast-ness of the product is also something I'm extremely proud of. You can use it to repair your patio furniture/tent/canvas etc and rest assured that the shade or quality of the color will never fade.

KakaoTalk_20171026_015932802.jpg

Colors?  I'd be interested in black, off white, taupe, bright red, forest green, maybe white white, medium brown, medium blue, bright yellow, a tan or bisque, orange, purple, and shades of these colors.

TEX 15 if a pretty fine thread.  It's well suited for use as a bobbin thread.  Maybe not so much as a top thread.  Do you have any color that could be considered invisible?  I personally would be interested in that since most "invisible" threads we use are somewhat  delicate.  Thanks.  Jim

Thank you Jim, I have taken your suggestion into serious consideration and will be running a test simulation with the colors you mentioned. How much yardage/meter would you consider ideal in these cones? Selling directly to clients is a completely new venture in the +20 years of our business , so I do mean it when I say I have appreciated your input very much.

On the topic of our thread use, it may be Tex 15 but since our thread is internally bonded it is quite strong. It is practically unbreakable by bare hands and will most likely result in cuts or injury if even attempted. The material we used is also resistant to the elements and extra color-fast so we would actually recommend it for top , as well as bottom sewing.

As for invisible thread we do not have any at this moment and also due do to how our thread is bonded I do not think it would be possible to create one.

• 2 weeks later...

I Like 3000 yd cones myself but smaller ones might appeal to other quilters.  I don't doubt that your thread is strong, but a lot of quilters like the thread to show, and thin thread doesn't "display" all that well.

As for invisible thread goes, I've found that Superior's Bottom Line taupe color is almost invisible.  That's what I was talking about.  Colors that disappear into the background.  Jim 

EmbroPoly, recommend you provide volunteer LongArm quilters with a few spools of thread for testing.  Trust me these guys will be honest with their evaluations.  We did this with another company a few years ago.  The  company was very gracious/generous  with the quilter's who tested their threads.  They would be representing themselves for endorsing your thread not the APQS Company.

Jim, upon your previous recommendations I have created a new product that will begin simulation on Amazon , shortly. If it does well I will see if I can begin a marketing and sales campaign.

I chose 600m/656yard cones. The Denier is 420 or Tex 45 thread. It's also 3 Ply and internally bonded. I believe the thickness and weight of this thread will make the colors pop up more in regards to quilting and crafting. I will initially only roll out a few simple and basic colors, my idea was white, black , brown , blue and red.

What do you think a kind and reasonable price for this kind of product would be? Due do the manufacturing process of this kind of thread the quality really stands out , but so does our cost of production. I think whether this item succeeds or fails will be completely dependant on the pricing.

Thanks again Jim.

KakaoTalk_20171026_015937767.jpg

Greetings QuilterKP,

Actually no, we have not tested our thread on delicate cotton fabrics but we believe it would not damage them. That is just my personal prediction, I am not certain. Currently our threads are mostly used in large industrial scale applications. I will ask for a detailed review of how our threads work on delicate fabrics and knits soon.

Hello Connie,

Thank you for your reply. Actually I was considering exactly what you recommended. In the month of december I will begin looking for bloggers/youtubers/crafters who might want to test our products. Please let me know where I can contact the volunteer longarm quilters you mentioned! I will definitely reach out to them and see if they are interested.

You can contact me personally at alexsong000s@gmail.com =)

Happy Holidays!

Jim;

While I may not quilt for a business, I would be honored to test your thread.  As I normally embroider my personal monogram on all my quilts, I would also test the thread while embroidering.  If your looking for a few good quilters to share 2 or three spools, I am your quilter to give you honest opinions.  I also normally wind my own bobbins.  

Cagey

The cones are smaller than I'd like, but will work and probably suit a lot of hobby quilters more than the larger ones I like.  The weight of the thread you're proposing better suits our usage.  As far as pricing goes, I really have no idea what your production cost might be.  All I can say is that I use YLI Longarm Professional most of the time, and buy it for about $8 a 3000 yd cone.  There would have to be something really special about your thread to get me to pay significantly more than that, so for the 600 m cone you intend to offer, a price of $3 or less would seem competitive.

Archived