Finished this one a few days ago...

So... with me taking some time off during the holidays, I had a "stay-cation" and I a few days ago, I finished another beauty. It's a pattern designed by Judy Niemeyer called Paradise in Bloom. This one is pieced by one of my most favorite customers. She is amazing. She's 80 years old, she lives in Castle Rock Colorado and she sends me all of her (absolutely impeccably pieced) quilts to finish for her. It truly is my honor and joy to be part of this project. She is in the hospital right now, so I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. Love and prayers to my special friend, Sonja ....

F8C94572-4134-443A-AC76-9A2E234C3960.jpeg

2F0479CB-BC04-43E2-8F95-7BE4472F5454.jpeg

807FAC50-CBAB-4152-8D65-B829FB74C794 (1).jpeg

B31B7449-DDEB-49EE-9354-D2BFDB08D4DB.jpeg

Thanks everyone, for the kind words.  

6 hours ago, Sue E. said:

Your quilting is absolutely wonderful. I love Judy Niemeyer quilts and have several that need to be quilted but I am petrified to tackle them.  Is this done free-motion, with the IQ, or a combination. I love what you did.

Sue, to answer your question, there is a combination of IQ and free motion. Lots of ruler work, too. 

This quilt is absolutely stunning, both piecing and quilting! I know how much work is putting into it because I am working on this pattern and just got the center portion done so far, it will take me a long while to finish piecing it.  What a beautiful quilt! Thank you for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived