Support for feet and back

I have carpet on my cement floors in the basement and I definitely feel better if I am wearing a good pair of running/walking tennis shoes.  I have heard people use the rubber puzzle mats, also, for some cushion.  Make sure your machine is at the right height to help with back issues, too.  

HI,

I ordered a 12 foot by 2 foot 5/8th inch thick rubber mat from Uline......I think it was about $100 with shipping.....I love it....it is nice and cushy....and it keeps my feet warmer....I just wear my regular Birkenstocks.  I had trouble with plantar faciitis  and my feet stay pretty comfortable but I usually just quilt for a few hours at a time......as my house is old....and every 5-6 years we may have a heavy rain where I get a bit of leakage in the basement.....I put my mat up on a plastic toboggan...when I know heavy ran is coming or when I am not going to quilt for a while....they said the mat will soak up water and then would probably have to be replaced...but I think it was well worth the money and risk of having to replace it....unlike the puzzle pieces, it does not come apart, the edges are beveled, and it really does have nice feel on the feet.....Lin

My husband got me a 12 foot mat from Grainger several years ago for Xmas. It walked all over the floor with the carpet so out went the carpet and in went cork flooring. Stretching does a number on my back so I got a back brace. And this is not a commercial but I bought the Copper orthopedic insoles and they have made a big difference. I have flat feet and tend to over run my shoes. Could not believe the difference in my back by the end of the day.

Archived