Metro Rings - finally finished!

Between work and the holidays I was finally able to get this quilt on and off my frame.  It's a commission quilt for a co-worker/friend and thankfully she was not in a hurry.  I used quilt designs from House of Creations (they stitched beautifully!) and my Freedom with Intelliquilter.  Just need to add the label and off it will go.

Cathy

Metro Rings Quilt 3.jpg

Metro Rings Quilt 4.jpg

Since this is ultimately not my quilt I wasn't quite ready to do everything freehand and that is why I bought my IQ:-)  Need to use what I paid for!  I did however ditch the rings by hand using a curved ruler. 

For my own projects I am slowly trying to incorporate more freehand and ruler work.

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David...I know what you mean about piecing a DWR quilt.  I also wanted to make the traditional style pattern and have looked at many pictures, patterns, videos and rulers until finally deciding to start with a metro rings quilt.  You still have to do the curved piecing but it's very forgiving which I loved...I'm a big fan of sewing a piece slightly larger and cutting it to size so this was perfect for me:-)

Cathy

Archived