Gator

FORUMS OR FACEBOOK CURIOUS

I agree with what so many other have already said. Forum for sure and specifically this forum. I feel like this is a safe and friendly way for fellow quilters to connect. I have been looking at posts on this forum since last May. It started with my search for used machine, but it has become so much more. I really learn so much every time I read the posts and look at the pictures of the awesome quilts people are making. There are so many amazing talented people on here and I thank you all for sharing and inspiring a newbie like me. I hope this forum stays strong. 

It seems like each has its place but this forum just seems to be family. I've followed it for years and you kinda grow attached to folks here. I usually just read and don't post but I hope to do better. Without this forum I doubt that I would be Longarming. Many great gals and guys here to share their expertise. I'd love to see it back the way it was!

I may be the odd one but I like both.  I have been on this forum since 2010 and have learned SO much from everyone here.  I know I'm a better quilter because of this forum.  The support is awesome.  Although I have had a hard time with this format since it changed and have really not used it as much as I use to.  Probably more my lack of tech ability than anything else.  The "I Love APQS" FB page is the only quilting group I'm a part of on FB.  I've gotten help and shard pictures there.  I've learned if I just leave it on that page, the posts there are the only thing I see.   

191368B017C4022523AE2D6ADA4EBAF3.png

I really like this forum.  I have learned so much from all of you and continue to learn!  I have been frustrated with yahoo forums due to them getting hacked so much, so am a little leery of those.  I got started on FB before an all school reunion and it is great to get in touch with old friends, but it can be overwhelming to keep up with.  I really do enjoy the specific FB forums I have joined.  Am kind of re-obsessed with Singer Featherweights, (I'm currently experiencing a second Featherweight frenzy), and I check in with an IQ FB forum quite often.  It's almost too much, all of the information out there now.  Mary Beth, I'll be checking out  your page!

Robin

Robin,

Mary Beth's FB group is a great one to join.  There's lots of eye candy to look at and of course Mary Beth's wonderful personality.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

On 2/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, Gator said:

Robin,

Mary Beth's FB group is a great one to join.  There's lots of eye candy to look at and of course Mary Beth's wonderful personality.

You are so kind!! Yes, you are welcome to my page. I tell everyone, every now and then, "remember we are a no politics zone". I should say no drama too...but so far so good, lol. We are planning a retreat this summer in June. It will be in Nebraska. As a matter of fact, all of the participants are form the APQS chat over the years. Should be fun....and the good news is we have one opening left. If you are interested, PM me, I will tell you all about it. 

Mary Beth