Sign in to follow this  
cegates

Quilt as you go on the longarm

Has anyone tried a quilt-as-you-go quilt on the longarm?  It seems like it should be simple to do a strip quilt very quickly that way - but would like to hear from others before I try it.

Thanks!

Carol

I have never done it, but thinking it thru, seems like you could.  Will you start in the center and work out or will it be side to side? I think you would have to have fairly tight tension on your layers to keep from getting wrinkles. I don't know.  Definately something to ponder.

Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Do you mean like mount your back and batting then piece the top in strips as you go?  Sounds doable if that's what you mean..

Kathy :)

2017 APQS Lucey

Janome 6600P

After pondering this I am wondering how messy the back might be. Are you doing small sections and tieing off at the end of each strip?  That would be time consuming but keep it tidy. I am curious about your process; keep us posted! It is fun trying new things.

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV

If my memory is correct, I think I remember Dawn (APQS) teaching a Quilt As You Go class on a longarm in Edmonton a number of years ago. On second thought, It might have been appliquing using a LA.  (Either way, it was a class, she might have the instructions for sale).
Leslie

Quilted Stitches

APQS - Lucey