Sign in to follow this  
quiltmonkey

Emergency room triage nurses needed STAT

Ok I’m being overly dramatic. I dabbled dampened paper towel of water on small area to close up some quilting stitches I ripped out ( done this many times- great results and never problems) but this time loose pink dye came out and bled. About 4” size area. What’s the easiest solution to get this out? I don’t want to wash entire quilt. Can I just work this small area? Advice and solutions to get dye out? Here’s photos of the finished quilt. After quilting blocks I decided to quilt flowers inside and then got a wild hair and decided to paint all of the flowers using Tsukineko fabric pens... had a blast—Fun project! 

9180A5D4-6F87-4CCE-BD36-8E187698D6CE.jpeg

B8FB3FCF-17B7-4ED6-B1B4-98AA60057F94.jpeg

5E2F2A59-D0FD-405A-A18E-9EE300513CCA.jpeg

3EE3ADCB-F711-405A-8C81-B935C0329BC1.jpeg

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Can't think of anything other than trying a laundry stain remover (maybe a bit of dissolved oxyclean?) and a very soft tooth brush.  Beautiful quilt, quilting and painting.

Gail Olfert

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of times our breath is taken away

Shana, remember this article by Vicki Welsch. https://www.colorwaysbyvicki.com/save-my-bleeding-quilt.html.

Lisa E and I were just talking about this. She just had the same problem. Your quilt is stunning and I llove, love love your flowers! Basket quilts are one of my favorites. Keep us posted.

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV

Your quilt and quilting are beautiful!

I remember someone having a problem with and used synthropol.  I did a search and it happened to Vicki M., and it was a crayon colored quilt, so don’t know if it will help you.   Here’s the link. Click on the date.

Great advice from all of you! I appreciate the link to prior situation. Going to get some synthrapol.

PS thank you for the kind words on the flower basket quilt!!!

shana

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Shana, can't see your bleed in the pictures, and I don't have any advice for that, but looks like the others has solved it for you.  I just wanted to say how very beautiful your quilt is.  I love it and the quilting you did is beautiful also.   Wish you lots of luck on getting out the stains.

E09E59CAF06403E058848257636B2E85.png

Beautiful quilt. I love how you quilted and then painted the flowers in the baskets. Great job.

signaturedimage

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'Dang, that was fun'!

2017 Blissed Lenni and loving it!