Brake issues

Beachgal

The brake mechanism is not tightening...my DH thinks there a part seized??  I been away for a month and it was fine before I left? Anyone know of common issues with the brake ....(2007 Millie..)......brake is white with pads on inside against roller...looks like they are calling it new style...do I have to order the entire brake or can I get parts.   If anyone has an information on this I’d appreciate the input....

Hi,

I had the padding on the inside of the brake come loose...if that is what happened...you need to peel it off and replace it....I ended up using GooBeegone to clean the adhesive off...you can actually buy the stick on Velcro at a fabric store to replace it with....so now I always make sure I loosen the brake before tightening the rollers....

I too had a problem several months ago with the padding and had to replace it but now the lever is not tightening on the bolt. It was fine before I went away and now it doesn’t tighten so the rollers don’t move...when you turn the top level it doesn’t do any thing just turns without tightening....DH said something about the bolt threads being stripped? Don’t know how that would happen all of a sudden...

My DH has replaced the bolt with something similar and I was able to quilt a small piece today....but you’re right I had to turn the bolt on the bottom to make it tight....called APQS and the person I spoke to was checking with her boss to see if the bolt and handle could be purchased separate from the whole brake unit....the clamp part is fine ....so we’ll see....thanks for all your input ....living here in Nova Scotia I’m a little far from services....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived