Channel Lock & Hartley Circle Wavers Off

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my problem is?  I’ve owned this since 2007, new.  Originally was for a business but, didn’t get the #’s to make it work so, it has not done hundreds upon hundreds of quilts.  Difficult to call anyone during weekday’s as I work outside my home/studio.  I can’t use the channel locks nor my Hartley for making circles as they waver off about a ¼ of inch from starting point to the other side.  Hopefully the 2 attached photos will help where I’m at the starting point on 1 side & by using the channel lock I’m off at the other end.  Several people have previously suggested my canvas is no longer square & I’ve tried to understand several of the methods to sq them up as the backing & tops were not loading sq to each other.  Yet, by taking a measurement from the edge of bars to the edge of the canvases, it appears they are not taped on an equal distance.  I'll try to attach those separately.  The 2 front bars are 6 ¾ & almost 7 & the top is slightly over 6 ½.   If those were not taped on sq to begin with, it seems that would make everything else off.  Help!  I’m so fed up that I’m about ready to just say forget it.  I’m certainly not doing as much quilting because I’m not able to use the machine to its fullest potential and not fun anymore.  Any suggestions?

DSCN1436.JPG

DSCN1437.JPG

Biker:  I'm not quite sure what your issue is.  It sounds like you think your leaders were not attached squarely to the rollers.  That being the case, why don't your remove them, and re-attach?  If the leaders are in too poor condition to do that, maybe it's time to replace them.  When I replaced mine, I discovered there was a seam in the roller tubing, and I used that seam line to guide the placement of the new leader.  Which guaranteed that the new leader was square to the roller.  I used double sided tape to attach the new leader, rather than the duct tape because I could accurately line things without obscuring the line. 

If I've misunderstood the issue please clarify.  Good luck.  Jim

Archived