Laser problem

I have a two-year old Lucey. I don’t use the laser often. My laser light has always varied in strength, but the light dot has been clearly visible.

Today, after two uneventful panto passes, the light has diminished in brightness and disappeared several times. I’ve checked connections and see no problem there. Please advise.

APQS got back to me and suggested that I switch laser cable ends.

6 hours ago, qltnbe said:

If what APQS said still isn't working for you, please call them back.  I am sure they have other suggestions.  Let us know, too, what your solution is.

Hi. I actually had two problems. The laser light seems to be working, now. My second call to APQS was about a new vibration noise. They told me about an additional oiling site and I found a loose screw to tighten. But it still has the sound. Also, when  I wipe the bobbin area, after daily maintenance, I get a small amount of black residue. I don’t remember seeing that before. Worrisome.

Thanks 

Where's the "black" coming from?  If it's from in the bobbin basket, you may need to do a complete wash with WD40.  If it's off the hook shaft, that bushing may be seeping gear box grease.  Nothing really to be concerned about unless a really lot of grease is escaping.  Jim

• 3 weeks later...

No better time than now to take control of your machine.  Follow the instructions, pull the hook, install the gasket, re-time and feel like you're really in control.  You really need to know how to pull the hook, and put it back together.  Being able to do that will empower you to deal with the issues that challenge all of us, and take fear and dread away from your quilting.  Good luck.  You can do it!  Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Archived