Thanks again to APQS

JudyL

My Millennium was kinda neglected for the past few months but before I packed it and put it aside, I had talked to Mark a couple of times about a problem which he felt was the relay switch. When I began using it again, I knew right off that something had to be fixed. I called last week and spoke with Amy and she agreed and the new relay switch was sent right out. I'm hoping DH can get it changed this weekend.

It's so nice to be able to resolve problems over the phone, know the parts will be sent out immediately and just to be confident that whatever goes wrong, APQS is always there to help us.

Thanks Mark and Amy and whoever else is working behind the scenes to keep us up and running.

For a while, we didn't know if we were going to be moving to LA or MO and if we had gone to LA, I would not have been able to keep the longarm, although I might have been able to get another one at some later date. Now that I'm back to using the Millennium almost every day, I am so thankful that we came to MO and I was able to keep it. I love that machine!

Hi, Judy. Hi Sunshine! How can we forget you? Well, that's not gonna happen by me!! You are the sunshine quilt lady. ;) Thanks for always just being you, a regular person just like me, and thanks for always sharing and for always being so humble. You are a jewel, really! We all are fortunate to have people like you and other seasoned quilters to share and help us newbies grow and learn. Thank you so much for that! :)

Anyway, I wanted to tag onto your thank you note to say I also really appreciate the APQS staffers who are regulars on this chat board, and the staff behind the scenes in the main Des Moines office, as well as "the guys" (the three owners) of APQS; I think their names are Jim, Bob and and Jim. These folks at the main office are very kind, generous, and thoughtful. I went through a really rough time this past winter with my broken foot and couldn't get my machine up here until this spring (way delayed). My Millennium is here, now, and I quilt on it when I have time. I am going through the learning curve. I'm still struggling with pain and it hurts to stand for a long time quilting, but I am the eternal optomist and I know that some day I will be OK again. Anyway, I really appreciate everyone here, the regular members, and the APQS staff. I have learned so much from you all. It's comforting to know I have support right at my fingertips, or a phone call away. You all are like family to me. Life is good!

Originally posted by Mary Beth

And so Judy, didn't you say that you were going to be a fabric sales rep or something to that effect?? Are you?? Is that why we haven't heard from you in forever??

I tried it and I loved visiting all the quilt shops but I love being at home! There was no way I could keep up with quilting, designing, family/household chores and do the fabric rep job so I gave it up. Vince prefers having me home. Chad is 19 and even though he's plenty old enough to not have mom around every minute, he was thinking he could come and go as he pleases and pretty much do just what he wanted to do while I was away.

I decided my place is at home doing what I love best - caring for my family and quilting -- so, here I am!

Judy I'm so happy to hear you are back to quilting. I do hope to meet you at MQS. You have my cell so be sure and let me know when you come. I have only a few classes so maybe we can hookup that day. Also I will have my Van incase Dinner away from the Convention Center is an option. I can fit 5 to 6 extra's. lolol I'm leaving for Kansas this weekend as I am taking a trip to Michigan to pick up the used machine I purchased. I cannot wait unti the show. Lots of fun and Wow the quilts are so beautiful but the quilters are what make it Worth going. I'm not talking about the Famous ( many of which I admire) but the everyday wonderful quilters that just love the craft. Those are the ones I truely love meeting!!!

You are such a talented quilter and one that I admired before I purchased my millie. I still look at your work for inspiration. I'm so glad your back at it.

PS. I have a 20 year old myself and I know exactly what you mean but hey you gotta love them for trying. I'll be so glad when she finishes college. lolol

Glad you are backing doing what you like most...quilting and being at home.

I love being at home too. A lot of people think I am crazy, but I miss my house, yard and Millie if I wasn't at home working.

My daughter is 20 and at UVA...she stays in the dorms even though it is only 45 minutes away from home...I miss her when she is at school. We have become very good friends as she has gown up.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived