Judy L's book

Mary Beth

wellll....it's like this...I received my AQS Fall 2007 catalog today and there was her happy little mug...I said...hay, I know her!! And there she is, page 8 - bottom of the page..."Nine Patch Extravaganza" By Judy L. Laquidara....She's an author!!

Where do you think I've been for the past 18 months? Writing, sewing, ripping, re-writing, sewing, quilting.

Yes, I have a book. It should be out by July 30. Sorry for the shameless plug but here's the cover.

post--1346189816009_thumb.jpg

LOL!! Mary Beth you are so funny.

Yeah, Judy. Remember us "little people" as you continue to rise up the "corporate quilt rack of success." ;):P LOL! (something tells me you will always remain grounded no matter what).

So, can we order autographed copies of your book? I would love to have one.

Keeping this a secret is the shameless part! You have been part of this forum way too long to think that we wouldn't want to know when you came out with a book. Of course we want to know, to cheer you on and to buy a copy hot off the press! :cool:

Wishing you huge success and many more book deals!

Joann

Joann: I wasn't keeping it a secret but I have a hard time tooting my own horn, for lack of a better word/phrase. It was in June, 05 that I signed the contract, then the manuscript was turned in towards the end of July, 06. There are 18 quilts in the book and those were delivered to Paducah in February or March of this year. It's been a long process .. throw in the death of a close family member in July, 06, a move from KY to MO, that almost ended being from KY to LA, in December, 06 and I do believe I have a few more gray hairs than I had when I started.

The process has been fun and challenging. I'm so bad with graphics on the computer - that was the hardest part and I still am not sure how I managed to get it all done but AQS assured me my graphics were excellent! They were so great to work with.

I suppose in the back of my mind, I kept thinking AQS would see the actual manuscript and say "this is too bad to publish". Then I figured they'd see the quilts and say "these are too ugly to publish" so until I actually saw the ads in the magazine, I couldn't truly convince myself it was really going to happen.

OK . . you all see how insecure I really am! I sit here and type all this advice and sometimes I need to apply it to my own self. Yes, I still sweat when a customer sees their quilt after I've quilted it!:o

Guest Linda S

Can't wait to get a copy Judy and, of course, I will expect it to be autographed! ;) Ah, I remember the days when I was waiting for my machine and you held my hand all the way. We do have to meet in person some day. Weren't we going to do Houston next year??

Linda

Congrats, Judy, on the book. I'm sure I'll also be a purchaser since I have few, if any, ideas of my own. By the way, Revlon Dimensions hair color is great for the new gray hair. It covers but doesn't leave a few hilites and is less expensive than the $45 I was paying a hairdresser.

Originally posted by Linda S

Weren't we going to do Houston next year??

You talking about 07 or 08? Let me know and I'll start packing! Getting a room is the hard part.

Now that Chad is out of high school and driving, I can go anywhere any time. All you have to do is say the word and I'm ready!

Congratulations Judy. It isn't a surprise to me at all. So much talent always ends up in a book some day. Your cover is like eye candy. I love it. Of course I will have one as you know. lol

I couldn't be happier for you. Congratulations!!!

I do hope we can meet in Kansas. I arrive on Monday and I leave on Sunday the following after the show.

So happy for you.

Hugs from Texas

Grammie Tammie

Judy,

All that talent and modest too. ;) You are way too hard on yourself, I love to look at your quilts (as do many others) and your advice is right on, every time.

So pinch yourself, it really happened and I bet that this book won't be the last one that they will ask you to do. :)

Joann

Judy..that is fantastic!! I've wondered why you have been so quiet lately. Great job. I hope your book is a raging success!!! the cover looks beautiful. I imagine you will be at Houston this year if you book comes out in July. That is the place to be to sell it!!! Enjoy the ride!

Renae

Judy, that is awesome!!! You have had so much on your plate, and you always come out a winner! I am sure this will be a wonderful book-- not only the patterns, but your incredible quilting!!

Please let us know when it is available!!

Brenda Janovy

A-1

Sturgis, SD

Don't look for any fancy quilting. Except for just a couple of them, they all have pantos.

This is what the AQS blurb says:

Description:

Long a favorite with quilters, the classic Nine-Patch is elevated to new heights in eighteen exciting full-sized quilt projects. Beloved for its simplicity, this traditional pattern is transformed with alternating blocks, unique sets, imaginative color placement, and inventive border treatments. Use of these exciting design techniques turns the familiar Nine-Patch into breathtakingly original quilts. Clear and concise cutting instructions, easy construction techniques, and great designs will tempt quilters of all levels of experience to try these projects. The clearly illustrated instructions ensure great results.

Archived