The First Night Fun

What an awesome night

Lenni is the best thing to hit the quilting world since the rottery cutter!!!!! She is light and quite and smooth as butter..... I couldn't stop quilting on her once I started .... I was just quilting away in my own little world until a customer asked if I would ever be done so she could give her a test drive.... I looked up and realized that not only was the show open, but that we had a dozen ladies waiting for me to GET OUT OF THE WAY.... I will have to work on my sharing skills LOL :cool: OK OK for those of you who know me this might be harder then it sound.... maybe I will just have to take one home with me and hope the kids don't fall in love with her like I have!!!!!;)

Lovin' that costumes, lovin' the picutures, lovin' the tatt's.. just lovin' y'all away here!

I keep saying I see quilt patterns everytime I go past a tatoo parlor. Can't convince my daughter that's what they are...all you'd have to do is raise the hopping foot a little so your arm would fit under there....:D

Karen are those "bump, bump" feathers like you taught us in Houston last year?

This is the best show post we've ever had!

Wonderful pictures! Wish I was there. Not sure what happened. I planned to go and then forgot all about it. No way will my hubby let me go with such short notice. Plus my quilting buddy, my mother in law, flew to Paduka today. I am just kicking myself and will have to try again next year. Don't have too much fun without the rest of us. Although my nine year old son says we should go tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe I might. Only 2 or 3 hours away.

Angela

Red Leaf Quilting

Hi,

I just got back from MQS today. I couldn't stay the whole week, but next time I'm going to do it somehow.

What an experience! I learned so much in every class I took. I've been doing this for two years now, but I learned some really basic things as well as more advanced. Myrna is a fantastic teacher. Her hands on class,Just Do It was a lot of fun and really gave me a lot of ideas for those bread and butter E2E quilts. But I was really inspired by the class, Creating Spaces. I went back to Mary Beth's that night with my mind filled with all sorts of ideas and lots of inspiration.

I also had classes with Kim Brunner, Pam Clarke, and Mindy Casperson. I learned all sorts of things, that I think will make a big difference in my quilting.

I got to meet Renae from Nebraska, Donna from Colorado (Sam's Mom), Linda aka Ramona from California, and Jeanie from Missouri, and Josephine who told us she's a lurker. Of course, I already knew Mary Beth from our classes last year at DesMoines. We visited local quilt shops and just generally had a great time together. Jeanie has a gps receiver in her car know as Betty Lou. She got a bit irritated when Jeanie didn't follow instructions. "Recalculating" she'd say snottily. She kept us in stitches all around town. Well, Donna, Jeannie and Mary Beth helped Betty Lou keep us laughing. Renae and I were, of course, well behaved and didn't torment Betty Lou.:P ROFLOL

Wednesday the quilt show and the vendors opened at three o'clock. I loved the quilts, really loved the shopping, but hated the crowds. I tend to get a bit claustraphobic in crowded places, so it was a bit difficult to handle. But, I guess the thought of all the shopping I could do got me through it. Three and a half hours later we stumbled out of there lugging our packages. I was exhausted, but happy. Next time I think I'll skip opening day of shopping and go after the shopping frenzy is over!

Oh yeah, I sat across from the APQS booth for half an hour waiting for the rest of the group. Never did see Dawn Cavanaugh at the booth. At least I didn't think that I saw her until I watched her receive an award for a quilt at the Awards Show. She was the Mae West impersonator that I had been watching at the APQS booth all that time. Claudia was there, too, but I didn't recognize her either.

If you ever get a chance, you've got to go to MQS or MQX.

Phyllis

Phyllis, I was there but do not remember names, faces yes. I seen JoAnn, Janet, MaryBeth, Linda, Mindy, Karen Mctav, Myrna, Pam C, Sharon Sch and she had a great Best of Show, Irena Bl, Claudia, etc, etc, etc............. , the people I was suppose to meet with someone , was somewhere........... I loved my class 1 & 2 with Irena Bluhm with WholeCloth with Pencil Painting, GREAT class.Totally worth it. Shopping frenzie was Totally exhausting but fun. Very nice Banquet Award celemony. Suprises on who won what category. I agree with Phyllis , go. Oh, Claudia was Doris Day.

Nita

Somebody get a waaaaambulance for Cheryl!! I just had to say that as that is her big saying.:P Joy...the guys went as the "Rat Pack" so I think I was Dean Martin. ;) It has been a blast and as always it is great to meet so many wonderful people!!!

It was a wonderful event, mqs. Elly Prins and I were the only two from The Netherlands, Europe, since there are only 6 Long Arm quilters there, so we represented our country. We took al lot of classes, met all the APQS people, and had a blast! Now we have to work again, and practice all we had learned. Again next year!

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Hay Cheryl Baby

We all missed you this year at MQS OH this is Sue not Claudia but I''m sure she missed you to ( I am in Germany for the open house now) What show will I see you at this year????? I saved you a tatoo so it would be like you were there with us!!!!! I will leave it in my suite case so that next time I see you you can wear it to the booth..... or save it for when you get home LOL. OK I have just arrived here and I need COFFEE FOOD AND SLEEP so I will chat with you all later:cool:

Hi Cheryl Sweetie ...I missed my personal hairstylist!*LOl OH...this is Claudia on my own PC( pushing Sue away from the seat in front...;).... I bought 10 Tattoos, soooo....because Sue will forget hers for sure,I?ll give you one of mine;) Promise!!!

Hugs Claudia

Busybee/Nita,

This is Sue your breakfast tablemate was that Thurs or Fri.? at the hotel.

I didn't run into anyone. I did have the blue ribbon and was on the lookout for ribbons. I was on a tight schedule and was with husband and wanted to see everything there. Was done with shopping frenzy by 5:30 and so tired and had to check in to hotel room so didn't stay for snack hour or the banquet Wed. night.

Archived