My little Studio

MODEN

Well...it's not what was in the plans, but it certainly was much cheaper. We moved the Master bedroom into my sewing room, and moved my swing room into the Master Bedroom. I got my Freedom out of the living room and it fits nicely into the bedroom. The little walk in closet is now my fabric storage, magazine rack, bookstore, etc. I still have my big cutting table, a smaller on for my DSM and I have a place for my DesignerI with its Desk. The adjoining "Master Bathroom (with jetted tub) is my storage place for the batting and backing, whih are sitting in this beautiful tub.

Oh the sacrifices we make!

post--13461898216055_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for your nice comments. Here is a pic of the fancy tub, however, you cant see too much of the fancy/schmanzyness cause it has toooo much stuff in it.

But I do love having everything organized and neat looking. Nice to have a place for my customers to come without having to go through the house.

Cher...do you come to Big River sometimes? If you do, give me a call. Coffee is always on. Would love to meet you.

post--13461898216498_thumb.jpg

Oh, I do love what you've done, Monika. Big thumbs up!! :) It's pretty much what I imagined it would be. LOL!

Thanks for being so swell and posting a pic of it. It's perfect. Just right. It works and that's what matters. You are just too much fun. Love ya!!

PS: I know what you mean about being organized and then not able to find anything any more. Been there, done that. I've resolved to a semi-organized state but as I get older and more feeble minded, it still gets to be hard to find things...no matter how hard I try. Oh well...

For many years (and currently now), my sewing/quilting room is in my bedroom. However, we are in the midst of a construction/remodel on the house for much needed space, so hopefully soon I will have a room to hold all my quilting stuff, including the longarm (which currently lives in one of the bays in my garage...oh joy!...not!)

In all truth, you have a lovely home. I remember a while back you posted a pic of your batik quilt draped over a chair in front of a blazing fire place with adorable little chickens on the mantle. You have a beautiful home, Monika. :)

((hugs))

Shana

Hi Monika,

I love your quilting room, too. What a great room to work in. I will just say "dito" to everything Shana said.

Also, Shana, I seem to remember a picture of one of your quilts in a lovely room with lots of wood - perhaps it was your living room or family room.

Do you have a problem with your Millie in a bay of your garage due to the vast flux of your temperatures?

Sandy

Way too neat. Where are all the UFO's? I have a bunch that I thought that I would get to when I got my machine as they are mostly quilts that were for me but I don't think I've done but a few. That's what's taking up all the room in my sewing room! And now I find that I don't have enough fabric for backing them, bigger quilts can take up alot of fabric, so have to wait a bit and then buy some bolts of fabric for backings!!! I like to keep some around for customers too and then I make a bit of extra money on that too! Okay, come and organize for me, oh my, you don't know what you would be in for!!!!!! This forum is soooo much fun with us all bugging each other and Shana from far north! What can I say? People thought we were moving to the end of the earth when we moved here and this isn't even far north. Some people have had serious anxious problems coming up here for even a visit! They think I'm nuts to have a quilting machine here, wait till I tell them about Shana!

Cher

Originally posted by sandradarlington

Also, Shana, I seem to remember a picture of one of your quilts in a lovely room with lots of wood - perhaps it was your living room or family room.

Do you have a problem with your Millie in a bay of your garage due to the vast flux of your temperatures?

Sandy

Sandy, no, it's not in my garage because of temperatures... it's there because that's the only space I can fit it right now. We are currently remodeling/adding on to the house now so I have a space / room for my sewing and longarm stuff. It's slow going because we are doing it ourselves to save $$.

Monika,

I know it was hard to give up your master bedroom and jetted tubby, but maybe some day when business gets busy, you will have enough resources (and reasons) to go back to the original plan of building your dream quilt studio and then you can reclaim your master bedroom back for yourself and DH again. :)

Shana,

Sorry for the unclear question...what I meant to ask is does the temperature in your garage cause any problems to your Millie? I know the Fairbanks area gets rather hot in the summer, and very cold in the winter. Or, do you have some form of temperature control in the garage, like a heater for the winter that you leave on all the time so she (or is it a he??) doesn't freeze up?

I'm just curious about all information related to these expensive machines. While I'm saving, I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

I'm sure your renovations will be beautiful when they are completed. I love to do things myself, but my husband hates doing things. He loves to read and watch TV, although he did plant 6 tomato plants in our tiny garden this summer. (He's retired and says that means he doesn't have to do anything anymore.) Go figure! I always thought it would be great to have a husband that liked to work on the house with the same passion I have towards quilting, and my other crafts. Oh, well. I guess we can't have everything we want.

Sorry for the soapbox. I just would like some work done here and he isn't interested in doing it, or in paying to have it done. What a PITA! Oh, well. I guess I shouldn't be mean on Father's Day.

Frustrated at the moment,

Sandy

Archived