How do you store your Pantos

MODEN

How do you store all your pantos so they are easy to identify, yet organized.

I only have 15 at this point, just ordered another 12 from Linda Lang and need to have some sort of organization.

Any comments, suggestions,pictures, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Hi Monika,

There was a post recently that I discussed panto storage.

There were some good ideas you may want to check out. I am so forgetful, that I have had to create an excel spreadsheet listing all my pantos (over 80 last count). I don't want to end up with a duplicate. I haven't tried them all but I think that they are a great teaching tool.

Click this link.

Panto storage

Well I looked and I am amazed at the versatility out there. I really like Hester's way cause I dont have a lot of wall space left.

Linda....You have an amazing collection of Pantos and stencils. Wow....you are rich Girl! Considering they are $18.00-21.00/per, that is quite the inventory.

I love doing pantos, I think I have all the spacing figured out, and where to put the laser. I think I hae to put my pantos on top of the plastic on my table, I wear bifocals and with the light shining on the plastic I see double laser dots. I have antireflective coating on my lenses but it is a problem.

Do any of you "four eyes" have this problem?

Happy quilting

Speaking of pantos... has anyone ever designed them yourselves and then printed it out? Our local print shop can enlarge and print anything we want on the long paper, any length or size. I've been playing with some designs on paper (mostly in my head) and maybe in the future I might scan them electronically so I can plot these out on the longer paper. Most of my designs involve animals or trees and flowers. Hmmm... Am I crazy or whaaat?

Hmmm.....Moose, Reindeer & Polarbears....our newest line designed by Quiltmonkey!

Can't wait Shana, I think they'll be beautiful Pantos...go to it

Interesting field isn't it? If I didnt have such a mixed up brain, I would try designing things. I can see a pattern in my mind, but my hands never coordinate with my brain.

Guest Linda S

I just have all my pantos in a wire basket, but I have put them all in mailing tubes so they don't get beat up. They are labeled on the outside with what design is inside. I don't really use them much anymore, as most folks want custom, but I'd love to get more panto quilts to do.

Linda

Monica, I have an excel spread sheet that I have all my pantos listed on, and whose quilts I've used them for. Then I have one of those canvas closet hangers for shoes that I've cut the backs out of the pockets and I have them organized by small, medium and large. I was looking for a panto last night and discovered I missed a step. I need to have corresponding #'s on the pantos and the spreadsheet so I can easily find one without taking them out and unrolling them!!! Still haven't found the one I want!

Lynne in Ann Arbor

I will have to show you how I store mine. They are in wine bottle boxes. I got them from the beverage store. I do mainly Pantos so have quite a few.

I would like to get time to make a list for ones I would like to sell. If interested please e-mail me and I will see if I can get it together.

Bobette

We just designed an Ikea cabinet also - LOVE it. We used the pants hangers for pantos. Pantos are in a skinny plastic bag with the name of the panto on the end of it on a label. Poke a small hole in the "closed" end of the plastic bag so you can slip it onto the pants hanger rod. If someone can tell me how to post a picture I can show you. HELP!!

About creating your own pantos:

you may want to check out Pre-Design, a vector drawing program. Drawing in this program is real easy:

Just take the Curve tool, draw a continuous line, by clicking from point to point, right click to finish a line. Take the select tool and select and move points to perfect the lines. Then select all, copy and paste a couple of times, move the copies next to each other to create your panto. Then Select All, right click and choose size: make the width the size as you want your panto to be (a little less than the width of your quilt). Then choose menu File > Print Pattern. It will print automatically divided over several numbered pages, which can easily be taped togeter and voila! Your own panto!

You can download a a 21 day trial version of Pre-Design at:

http://quilters.pre-design.eu/'>http://quilters.pre-design.eu/ and try it for yourself.

Also check out the slide show showing the above (and more) at the screenshots page:

http://quilters.pre-design.eu/'>http://quilters.pre-design.eu/screenshots.htm

I know this is sort of advertising, but I really want to share this with you, because at the demos I gave this week at the APQS Open House at Quilt und Co in Krefeld, people were so enthusiast about it, so I hope you all forgive me for posting this....

Loes

http://quilters.pre-design.eu

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Speaking of pantos... has anyone ever designed them yourselves and then printed it out? Our local print shop can enlarge and print anything we want on the long paper, any length or size. I've been playing with some designs on paper (mostly in my head) and maybe in the future I might scan them electronically so I can plot these out on the longer paper. Most of my designs involve animals or trees and flowers. Hmmm... Am I crazy or whaaat?

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Monika

How do you store all your pantos so they are easy to identify, yet organized.

I only have 15 at this point, just ordered another 12 from Linda Lang and need to have some sort of organization.

I had been wondering the same thing. Here's what I came up with finally. Plastic crates from Office Depot, mailing tubes from ULINE, and a "grid" numbering system of letters for the rows and numbers for the columns; e.g., b-8. I don't actually have to number the tubes, just count off number and letter to find the one I want. I made the catalog by downloading images from the websites where I ordered the pantos, naming the files according to their location in the grid; put all the images in one folder and imported the folder into an iPhoto album. Then I imported the album into an iPhoto "book," which is the only way I know to see the file name (grid number). This was a bit of a pain to set up but now it's wonderful because I can just flip through the virtual catalog on the computer screen, pick the one I want, and know exactly where to find it.

post--13461898621332_thumb.jpg

Organized? Me? hahahahahaha

That is the ONLY organized thing in my entire life! I would post pictures to prove it but you would call the TV station and I'd be the next crazy lady story on the news, up to my eyeballs in all my stuff. Tonight I needed to look inside a bin with the unfinished project from a previous class for my small pin cushion that I take to classes (Elinor Peace Bailey tomorrow--wee) and I tried to open the lid without moving the two feet of crap stacked on top of the bin. It all came crashing down, and I didn't find the pin cushion!

Forgot to mention http://www.heartbeatquilting.com/patternsroll.html is selling her remaining panto stock at a 35% discount. I ordered about ten from her.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.LongarmSupplies.com also has a Clearance page of pantos. These are great patterns by well known designers. Just click on the Clearance tab and then on Patterns. Linda is getting a lot of new ones in, so something has to go.

Monika, Ikea has a great cabinet with shallow drawers that will fit right under your machine. You may have seen it at Linda\'s when you were there. I don\'t remember the name of it, but you could ask her.

Darlene Epp

APQS & CQ Sales & Training

http://www.TrilliumHouseDesigns.com

I\'ve so learned from, and enjoyed all the suggestions for storing panto\'s. I am going to hang Ribbon, with loops sewn in them at about a 3 to 4" interval, and roll the pantos and stick thru.. by making the loops large enough, any length panto and any width panto can be hung one after the other, if I\'m in a hurry. There will be two rows of loops for each panto.:)

I\'m just such a klutz I know if I use the metal shower curtain hooks I\'ll regularly have pantos rolling open all over the sewing room. :(

I am hoping the ribbons placed about 7 or 8" apart will hang onto the rolls a bit more.

Thank you all for that info, and the panto sales, etc.. etc...

RitaRose

Archived