to sell my quilts

callen

I have 10-12 quilts that I have handmade and would like to sell. I was wondering how to go about selling them. I have sizes from crib to queen all that I have pieced . hand and machine quilted myself. I have a shortarm machine right now but want to sell these quilts to get me a bigger machine because I love to quilt. and I really dont know what kind of prices you can get out of quilts have never sold any of them. any suggestions on this would be appreciated. thanks

Hi, I would go to a teacher that gives classes, retail quilt shops, ask someone in your guild about places if you do not know, collectibles for sale, fabric shops, other quilters, arts & craft mall or consignment shops in your area. These should give you a good idea on what to charge. Maybe open a booth at the local flea market or Mall to put the quilts in. Hope this will help you. Nita

Guest Linda S

You might want to look into the consignment program at Keepsake Quilts in New Hampshire. You have to pay a small fee to join the program, but think they help with the pricing, display the quilts in their shop, and then take a percentage of the sale price as their commission. You are likely to get a better price for you quilts there than you would at a flea market or on Ebay.

Linda

Thanks for the input but i lived in florida and that would be kinda hard to get them there to have them sell them. right now iam just aking all around they say the word of mouth is the best thing i have put a couple of them on ebay to see how i come out with that. thanks for giving me thoses hints. Connie

• 3 months later...

I have been making baby quilts for several years and I have a sign in my front yard and do a great business that way. Is much easier than sitting at a craft show which I did for 14 years. My mother used to sell her baby quilts that way and sold many many quilts. I live on a busy highway, so you could probably try that.

Most of my baby quilts are embrodiered blocks, cut apart and then sashed with about 41/2 sashings and hand quilted.They usually are 45x60 so they will fit a 6 year crib. Depending on the type of binding I put on they run from $60.00 to $75.00 . Some people want prairie points on so those I sell for more, like $65.00. I have one new panel piece that needs a lot of embroidery and so that will probably be the 75.00 one. Occassionally I will find a panel piece and quilt that . If I don't have to do much quilting on the panel pieces I will sell them for $45.00.I also piece some.The latest one was Humpty Dumpty, hourglass and kite quilt. I can send you a picture if you would like to see one if you care to send me your email address.

Hello...If you have any hand sewn quilts, I would definitely be interested in seeing pictures of them. I collect quilts. I am not interested in all machine made quilts. Let me hear from you. at-ease404 (BPryor404@aol.com) If the prices are reasonable and I purchase the quilts, I will pay for the shipping.

Archived