About your business . .

Well....I had my machine delivered in late November and didn't even get to set it up until after I had a hoard of people for Thanksgiving. Christmas, being the busier time of year at my job, put me even further behind. My husband was sort of nagging in a sweet way for me to get with the program...I think he had it in his mind that as soon as I got the machine I would be up to my ears in quilting for $. Well, I don't like pressure and if I couldn't do it in my own sweet time I wasnt going to do it at all. Finally in January I eased into it, did it when I felt like it and by late January and early Feb I was on a roll with practice pieces. Now I am not afraid of the machine and looking forward to the class in March 14-15. I have to admit I was a little intimidated initially...wondered what in the heck I had gotten myself into...but I love quilting, have since early 80's and this just seems right to me. I don't plan on making any money for a while. I have a full time job !!! In the mein time I plan to quilt a few charity quilts I have kept my machine a secret from all at this time. I want to have a lesson or two under my belt before I come out. The longer I have this machine the more I realize it was the right thing for me to do....I was quilting in my dreams the other nite after seeing Karen McTavish, I couldn't wait to get home from work the next day and try some stuff!I feel like I am leading a double life! My unvieling is going to be in April....I love this forum I have learned so much!!!I did a lot of research before I went with APQS and have been so happy with my choice of my Liberty, or as I call her" My Liberator"!!!

Archived