95/5 Poly & Wool Blend

JoAnn has HERITAGE COLLECTION - 95/5 poly & wool blend batting on clearance. Price seemed good...plus an extra 10% off coupon. I purchased a couple of packaged batts for pillows and baby quilt making, etc. Also...I have never machine quilted and thought that this might work with my DSM.

Does anyone know anything about this fiber mix?

Do I need to pre-shrink? If so...how? (I have a front loading washer)

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!:)

PS: A local quilt shop sells time on their Milli. I'd like to use this batting on a practice quilt. I took a class there to learn the setup, etc...but I think that I'll need help just to make sure I don't screw up anything on their LA.

;) It all seems a little bit scary to me!:o

Bette,

I have never quilted on that batt. I have quilted on a Hobbs wool batt and it quilts beautifully. The only batt that has ever given me trouble are the cheap high loft polyester batts with finishes on them. I have a Millie.

Regarding shrinking...I never preshrink my batting...I like the way the quilt puckers when washed. It seems more cozy than a flat quilt. Maybe I am weird.

Cheryl

Cheryl-

I'm new to the application of the actual quilting. It'll be my first attempt at either quilting with my DSM or with a Millie rental (not sure which would be best with no prior experience).

Thanks for your input. I really couldn't figure out how to pre-shrink this batting without creating a mess. I want to make my first experience as fool proof and easy as it can be. (I want control over the unknown! LOL),

The 95/5 batting is made by Mountain Mist...if that means anything. I'm just hoping that I'm not starting out with a batting that would cause even experienced LA's to have challenges.

Thanks for your input.:)

Archived