Pics of your studio

Janice Jacobson

Greetings from North Dakota!

I am searching for studio pics because DH will be adding one on to the new garage for me. Understanding that all studios are different sizes, shapes, different places in the home or out of home....Im hoping to get ideas to use for my floor plan. Ideas for storage, cabinets, wall displays etc..... If you all have a favorite part of your studio, share it/them via pic, or webshots.... Id love to see it to put together my studio floor plan.

PS.. cleaning before pics is not necessary!!! Your space is used. Besides... I hate cleaning and the thought of you all cleaning for a picture for me.... Id have a guilty conscience!!;)

Thanks

Jan Jacobson

Guest Linda S

Here's a pic of mine. I'm in the attic of my house. To the right of the machine, back in the nook, are my cutting tables and my fabric storage (in wire basket carts under the tables). Behind me, as I'm taking the pic, is my sewing machine table and to my right rear is my ironing board, book/magazine shelves and storage. I have one of the portable photography backgrounds to display quilts and it is either up or down at regular intervals. That's about it!

studio.jpg

Oh! also to my right in the pic is my shelving unit with my thread storage and panto storage under that. My stencils are also there.

Linda

Hello My name is Marlene I have been lurking in the posts listening to you all I have Liberty and I have had it since last June I will be very interested other quilters studio shots as my dear husband mentioned building me a shed to put the Liberty and me in it (silly him) and l havnt stopped asking him about it for the last month so last thursday the ground was leveled and then on the weekend we boxed it in reday for the concrete How exciting is that??? I t will be a 6 metre x 6metre (20feetx20feet) shed all that space I can hardly wait We moved out of our bedroom when the Liberty came to live with us so there's not that much room so l would love to see some pic's

Happy Quilting

Marlene Answer-Lewis

Redgate Quilting

My Liberty "Belle" is living in our remodeled basement. We drywalled, carpeted and put in lots of 2x2 lighting in the acoustic ceiling. I don't have a picture of her with her toys but the room is 23 x 13. She occupies most of the center of the room, there are 2 bookshelves on the front side (with plastic storage containers for thread) holding books and pantos. Also backing fabric on the bolt, etc. On the back corner is another bookshelf with rolls of packaged batting, and the stereo system (a clock is on the wall, I need to track my time). On the far end of the room is an Elfa storage system, basically 9 wire drawers and a small cutting surface and my ironing board. I have yet to unbox the steamer i purchased). Also, I am hoping to have hubby build a "box" unit to cover the fuse box that will have a chalk board or bulletin board. No phone yet, so I take the portable with me.

cynthia

I just would like to tell you , no pic right now. I have a room 20x15 in basement. I still need to put drop ceiling in and tile on floor and door on. But really like my 4x8 table. Even though it sometimes gets to be a drop all. I have a machine on it and cutting area and shelf to put things up out of the way and can not do without it. I have a thread shelf w/doors on it as they say to keep threa dust free and dark place, its 2'x3' tall. Want to put on wall later by quilter. I have a cousin that had a friend make a shelf inside door of closet to put threads as space save, wish I had a closet for that , its great to view all threats when opening door to closet. I also have lots of big plastic containers from Wally World to put fabric in. I color coded prints and solids separately. Stacked up to ceiling. Can view colors in containers to sellect which one you want. I have 5 sewing machine but will sell 2 soon. Have folding table to use as needed. Sometimes not enough room. Will make a rack for fabric bolts soon. But don't have enough wall space to put tacky fabric to play with blocks. I thought that these ideas would help someone. Will get pic later. Nita

hi Sue My husband is going to put in a doggy door for my new puppy. Her name is Daisy and l will certainly post a pic of the new quilt shed when its finished but that wont be for quite some time and for everyone else my puppy is a spoodle and she's just beautiful Bye for now.

Marlene in Australia

Hi Marlene and everyone

Well I guess my husband was nearly ready to submit anyway, but thanks for getting a studio bigger than mine.

I told Steve that my customers have quilting rooms bigger than me and now he has given in and agreed to extending the quilting room out another 3 metres. I don't think this will happen until I leave for the USA in May so I hope to have a really nice area when I get home then I'll post pics.

I'd be interested to see how people store their customer quilts, where they set-up their office and what storage arrangements you all have for threads and other supplies.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Archived