table vibrating

barbann03

I tried to do a search on this topic, but couldn't find anything. I was wondering what it means that my table is vibrating. It's been doing it for a while now, and I have been afraid to address it. I'm taking a maintenance class with DeLoa Jones on Monday, should I just wait and ask her? Will she address this in her class? It doesn't seem to affect my tension or my stitching. But it is rather annoying.

By all means ask her....this isn't something that will just come up in a normal maintence class so be sure to bring it up. However, when mine gets to doing this its normally because the bolts have loosened up a bit...so go check those before class.

Hi Barb

Check that the 8 bolts that hold the table top to the side are all nice and tight. Also check that the cylinders that go across the table are all tightened equally so that the measurement across the table is 23 3/4" across the table exactly.

Or just check with Deloa!!

good luck

Sue in Australia

I also had some vibration in my table and I fixed it by putting a piece of wood under the cross bar of the frame (in the center of the table) to the floor. It helped stabilize the center for sag also. It also helps with the CL. No extra pieces of non-skid to even it out.

If you have a table longer than 10 foot it has a black truss bar for keeping the table level.........NO Sag! The truss bar works just as a bridge truss works in that it keeps a very slight inward tension on the table legs and an upward pressure on the center of the table; this PREVENTS the possiblity of the center of the table sagging. I have NEVER heard of nor seen an APQS table sag in the center, however, I have seen that issue in other brands of machines.

Before I go about modifying a great table design I think I would be sure that everything is level, that all the screws are tightened and that the crossbars have all been tightened the same. Adding extra wooden boards, etc. is never needed to keep your table level.

One other thing to consider if your table has a slight vibration is what kind of floor is it sitting on. If it is directly on concrete it should have something similar to a furniture caster put under the feet, or another very simple fix for that is to cut up an old scrap of carpeting or an old rubber car floor mat. On floors that are concrete or hardwood flooring there is usually going to be a small amount of vibration unless you use some sort of mat under the feet. After all; you have a machine running and any machine will create a minute amount of movement that has to dissipate somewhere.

If you have other issues give me a call or email and I'll be glad to walk you through them. I just hate to see such an excellent machine stripped down or modified!

Archived