HELP

Bekah

Oh my I was dancing with my baby last night, first time in forever I had no tension issues and all of a sudden I broke a needle and I could not get her to turn off and the broken needle danced on my needle plate, put a big booboo on it and now my machine will not move sideways. it is like the channel locks are on but they are not. I was in such a state of dispair I turned her off and came in the house. it is still the same this morning and now I have to go to work.

I know I will have to do the dreaded "timing" thing and who knows what else. any suggestions about the machine not moving correctly would be greatly appreciated.

I should mention it now is wobbly is no longer sturdy if that makes sense.

Help. I am just sick thinking I may have broken her. we were just starting to be friends and I had renamed her from Beasty to Alice after my mom. Do you suppose she doesn't like the new name?:(

Bekah,

Breaking a needle scares me so. :o You would think that I would be used to it by now. I just reach up and turn off the machine or unplug it. I use my freewheel to move the needle bar up to free the needle. If the needle broke, versus bent, make sure that you have all the pieces to the needle. I have had to dig around in my bobbin case for the point o fthe needle.

What kinds of needle were you using? It seems like we are getting alot of broken needle posts or is it just my imagination? Are you using titanium needles for the Singer MR 3.5 or MR 4.0?

Archived