For the record

This is going to be short. Yes those of you that know me know I never stop talking;) But here goes.

Some of you may have seen an email going that started I was speaking unkindly of Karen McTavish. NOT TRUE Karen is my friend, I think she rocks as a person and as quilter she is so very talented. AND I am in love with Storm her baby boy SOOOOOO CUTE.

This person must have nothing better to do than this trash, so if you get the email delete it if not be happy and go on quilting.

nuf said ;)

Hugs to you all.

Gone Quilting.

Myrna

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugs to you Myrna. I know how hard it is to have someone say things that destroy a friendship, it sucks. Hopefully you and Karen can get together and have good chuckle over someone soooo jealous of your friendship that they had to stoop to this.

Hugs to you too Karen. Being on the other side isn't easy either. You two are awesome people and awesome quilters. Chin up girls and quilt away...

Hmmm... haven't seen an email like that but even if I did I would know immediately it was a fraud. How sad, strange and odd that this person would start an awful rumor like this and to go to this trouble to spew it forth. Yuck. Have no fear, Myrna & Karen, we all know better than to believe that trash. This goes in the dumpster pile.

Onward and upward, I say! Continue on Quiltin' like the Rock Stars that You Are! :cool:

Myrna and ALL,

Anyone who can sit and talk trash whether on chat or via e-mail, does NOT, and I repeat...does NOT have a life.

What irks (wow, havent used that one in a while) me the most is when they say you are their friend, then suddenly DROP out of site and stab you in the back....

Been there....Had that done to me....

Let it roll off your shoulders gals...sit back, and yes Shana, laugh it off and keep going...Life is too short to put up with these people's stupid pranks of trying to start a tiff. Us mature people can just sit back and get the last laugh.

High 5 Myrna... for nipp'n it in the bud.

Myrna, & Karen, this takes mean to a whole new level. I don't know why someone woud try to hurt the two of you, like someone else said perhaps they were seeking attention. I am glad that your friendship and respect for each other is strong enough to withstand such childish behavior, just goes to show that you two are true blue. :)

BTW I didn't know Karen had a baby boy...I knew she had at least one daughter. Wow how cool, congrats Karen. :cool:

Best wishes to both of you.

Joann

Boy.......I must really be nieve (sp) because I thought quilting people were

the friendliest people in the world, and people you could trust. I must really

be wrong!!!:( I thought quilters were also too busy quilting, piecing, and having a good time chatting here with other quilters to start such garbage.

Well, those of us that know you Myrna and or Karen wouldn't believe it any-

way. It is just jealousy pure and simple and that is too bad!! Happy quilting girls......and keep on smiling, it makes people wonder what you

have been up to. :D;)

OMG - I'm green with envy of Myrna and Karen's talent too (as well as many, many other talented quilting people), but that's not the way I'd choose to show it!

Renae, quilters are the friendliest people in the world! This one person can't change that!

Anita

Wow...... sounds like someone doesn't have enough quillts to quilt!! I guess this should be a lesson to take all negativity with a grain of salt. Myrna, kudos to you for going on the record - you're a class gal.

Now I better get my "nose back to the needle"!

I hadn't heard about this, but anybody who has ever met Myrna knows she is the sweetest, most kind hearted person out there, and I don' t think she would ever say a mean word about anybody.

Myrna, thanks for letting us know, but I wouldn't have believed it anyway. Whoever this person is (and I hope it's not somebody we all know from our group) they need a little trip out behind the toolshed to learn some manners.

Thanks you guys for all the support. Tad told me I had online support but was so scared to post anything that I didnt want to see what was happening!! I am here to clarify what's going on. No matter who sees it.

APQS has been so nice to me and Quilters are there for me when I need them most, right now.

Sorry Myrna that your name was in this attack email - I dont know who is doing this so I can't explain any of it.

Here's the entire scoop-from the horses mouth.

There is a email attack about me -going on that I am doing drugs, having sex, living a lie and a dark sad life. That I am not what I appear to be. Its ugly and should be over soon.

Everytime I post something on chats or blogs - I get some industry backlash....after Myrna posted the photo of the my tattoos on this chat- the crap* (keeping things professional here) hit the fan and put someone over the edge.

I have a MySpace account - this person found it. You are welcome to see it - warning - I swear - a lot. And am not hiding my MySpace it at all and its not set up as private - although my publishers have asked that I keep it private.

My MySpace is meant for me to celebrate my life, my family and my quilting accomplishments. It was a place I was completely myself.

This email attack was personally brutal - they are sending out massive emails to all my teaching gigs, venders, quilt shops and guilds that I am lecturing at - to pull the plug on me, pull designs, products, books, to cancel me. Anything from my website, teaching schedules/events and links page - they were all contacted with this attack email.

From what I heard so far, it goes without saying - Lots of energy was spent on something so cruel and poisonous - and who's got the time to think of it as anything other than hate.

Anyone who knows me - knows I am a open book -I just want to quilt and be with my family as much as possible. Just like any of us.

So if you want to check me out - again - their are no rules about swearing there...so keep a open mind - you can see my blogs at www.myspace.com/mctavishquiltingstudio

My family and quilting community has been so supportive - I feel safe talking about what's going on - my only question is why....but I really just want it to end.

Like now.

post--13461898350149_thumb.jpg

Good Grief! I have all of Karen's videos and books and treasure each one of them. She is responsible for my making the move into longarm quilting, and specifically for buying my Millie!I was just about set to buy another brand (starts with a G) but was curious why Karen used this brand. I contacted her and she sent me her story. She was so gracious and sincere in her explanation, I was sold then and there. I was fortunate to take her wholecloth design class in Phoenix recently. She is such an inspiration, and a breath of fresh air in this industry. A true free spirit, and a rock star in the quilt world. :) Her work speaks for itself. I hope to have an opportunity to take more classes with her.

And I hope the loser who did this gets her due.

Karen,

You are too cool. Love the photo, gonna save it as a screen saver :P

Thank you for posting you did need to.

You are an open book, you hide nothing and are honest and true to yourself and those around you. Hopefully others except that and not judge. We all have many things in life that make us happy and may be afraid to do it because of what other might think. You love and live life to the fullest. I have such admiration for you for that. This will all go away and you have me and a lot of others supporting you. You have so many that love you here on the chat and in the quilting world period.

Thank you for who you are. You are my friend and I don't care who may not like it.

Maybe your next book photo could have a quilt spread out as if having a picnic, with the picnic basket and trimming (fake of course)and have your Harley ( I think) parked beside it.

Thank you all for your comments and support. Teresa you have a good idea there.

Hugs to you all and to you Karen keep your head up and move on.

Myrna

I met Karen at the Houston show last year, I bought her latest book/dvd, chatted and we joked around a little. She is very normal, genuine and just like anyone else...she is doing her thing; doing what she loves to do.

Karen, all I can say is the cooliest people on earth and the folks I admire the most, are those who are free spirits and live their lives surrounded by their family, friends and they do what they love, without any fears about what other people think. People like yourself are real. Real. Real.

Then there those people who are bitter, angry and who live their lives in a lie, put on airs, pretending, living a fake happiness, are afraid to be their true selves, and go around trying to ruin the free spirits in this world. That is so sad. I pity them.

So Karen, you just keep that myspace site unedited for all to see. Wear those dreadlocks, get those tatoos, ride that motorcycle with your hair flapping in the wind, love that family of yours, keep making those gorgeous Victorian feather-filled quilts, and always surround yourself by all those who appreciate you for the down-to-earth midwestern/Minnesota red-blooded-American, honest-to-goodness girl that you are.

Karen has the biggest heart and only wants to share her gifts with the world. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us, Karen. Never stop being the true you...this is what opens up your artistic vision and creativity and makes you so special and unique. Always be true to yourself and keep quiltin' like the rock star you are. :) That way, the rest of us get to continue benefiting from the results.

OK...Who's next in line after me?? ;)

Ditto Shana!!!

Although I have never met Karen personally, I consider her a great talent and a "Quilting Sister". She is one cool chick and I admire her work and her individuality. I have all her books and video and i love her tattos!!!!

For those people or person who started this crap - go away, we don't want you around. If you don't care for Karen, then don't McTavish and leave are Quilting Sisters alone - that includes leaving Mryna alone too. I have spoken with her twice and she is a wonderful person and very talented too.

Okay, I am done. Mryna and Karen, if you are out there - we luv ya babes!!! This will pass and your fans, friends and Quilting Sisters are behind you one hundred percent!!!:cool:

Karen,

Thank you for explaining what is going on. I think this is the work of somebody very jealous of your success. you are an artist, through and through. So what if your lifestyle is not like others, that's what life is all about. What you do in your private life and what you do in your professional life should be separate. I teach middle school as a profession (hopefully I'll be quilting enough to quit that), and I have a very strict code of conduct at work, right down to what I wear and how I fix my hair; but when I am at home I'm usually braless and barefoot. I don't mind stomping around in animal ****, and sometimes smell like the animals in the barn.

Anyway, I believe that you don't do drugs or any of those things, but even if you did; who cares, it's YOUR LIFE. What you do in private should not be part of what you do professionally.

You will always have my unending support. I hope to someday meet you and take a class or two. Until then I will continue to read everything you print, watch every video you shoot, and listen to all the wonderful ideas you always have.

Archived