For the record

Wow Karen. Amazing what people are capable of doing. Sounds like this idiot who is doing this stuff has never heard of defamation of character! I know it hurts when people say terrible things that aren't true, but my advice is to move on and be yourself and if somebody doesn't like who you are, that's their problem!

Gable

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen, I don't know you, but I already like you. And I love your book!

That snipey email is so badly composed, and so dripping with vitriol, that I'm sure most people who received it trashed it immediately.

BTW, my 20-y-o son thinks you're hot. We both think those tats are 100% awesome.

Karen and Myrna,

Just to get even, I went and signed up for your classes at Innovations. This is just too unreal to be believable. There are sure some mean people out there. For the record, I have a Harley, I skydive, jetski, boat, hike, swear occasionally and wear boots and jeans most of the time. Anything outdoors rocks. I am also a quilter. So what. Sheesh. I love the line behind y'all and am joining it with enthusiasm.

Mean people suck rocks.

Nancy Jo

Let me add my name to the list of those standing behind you. You came to (name removed)'s last year and just totally blew me away with your gorgeous quilting and your awesome "You". I am proud to be able to say, I belong to a group of women who quilt and one of our premier quilters, has wonderful tatoos of her work on her body, wears dreads, and rides a Harley, She totally rocks!!!. You were so kind and graceous to this newbie and if it hadn't been for the encouragement that you and Linda gave me that I could do "it" whatever my "it" turned out to be, I probably would have given up way before now. those of us who have had the pleasure of hearing Myrna on the other end of our phone line when we are having a meltdown, know she would never say bad stuff about anyone and I know neither she nor our own Linda A would ever hang out with a person who was not of good character. It just wouldn't happen. so if you need any written testimonies to people in power about how we all feel, just say the word and you will have to have a wagon to pull behind your Harley to deliver it all. Keep on rocking and quilting and inspiring us all to be our best. We all probably secretly wish we could have tatoos and ride a Harley (at least I do)

So to wrap up this "For the Record" -

My Quilting Designs on my arms are finished. As of yesterday. For the Record - after 18 hours of tattoo work - I am fairly certain, I will never get tattooed again.

Like childbirth - we never forget the pain.

Its nice that both my arms are finished and I never have to go thru that again. Its over!!! :D

Will post photos when I am all healed.....

Hi Karen,

Glad to know that you got all of your "micro-stippling" (or is it McTavishing??) finally finished on your tatoos! ;)

On a side note, I gotta tell ya that I just bought your latest book (Quilting for Show) and I read through it and loved every page. I haven't had a chance to see the DVD yet, but that will be soon!

It is obvious to me that much thought, planning, time, heart and soul went into this newest book of yours. It is awesome. I really enjoyed reading all the different perspectives from the many professionals and artists, especially the helpful advice, detailed photos, and "Karen's Tips" throughout the book. I also enjoyed your personal comments and insight. You are so down to earth and easy to understand; just like a friend. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this resource available to people like me. After reading this book, I even have a deeper appreciation for the quilts and quiltmakers who continue to hold the bar on the highest notch, and whose shoulders we quilters can all stand on to reach even higher heights. It's nice to know those shoulders are there to support the quilters so we all can continue to make that pretty quilty stuff and knock the judges' socks off. LOL! :)

Karen - I've really tried to meet you twice, once at Linda A's last year and the class I signed up for didn't have enough people in it so was canceled and then just last month at Portland Road Show, and I even took 2 of your books to get you to sign them (bye the way, Sue P volunteered to sign your books for you ;) ) LOL. I've watched your DVD's so many times, I feel like we are old friends. As so many have said here, "stay true to yourself" and I can't wait to see your balanced arms!!! Hope to one day actually meet you in person.

Bekah, I think you have a line to a great song. You said "Keep on rocking and quilting", of course music went through my mind of "keep on rocking and quilting in the free world"... Maybe I can get my son Joel to write us quilters a song, has to have some good jamming in there and drums and he's really going to think I've lost it. Oh well I think it would be a chart topper.

Oh yeah! How pretty! I'm so proud of you all the way around! I vote we all do this in some version, then we won't have to worry about finding each other at the shows. Won't even need ribbons or name tags or t-shirts! Myrna, you go next, then Dawn, Linda A. Sherry, Marilyn....we can let Linda S go last since she's still in recovery over her whole body.:) And I want mine in henna, just a hint above skintone so it looks like shadows.

But Karen, come on, we are all quilters here...we need to see close ups of the borders and backs!

Taking this to work to show the baby headbanger who was just showing off her little tramp stamp what a real tat looks like! (where's that wicked little smiley....)

Ok....Since you used the word "tramp stamp" - I have a close up of the quilting designs.......

(Karen blinks over and over, trying to digest it in her dark little head *because there is no music playing-that's where she goes* that a quilter- her posse, her saftey net of all things that are good - actually used the term "tramp stamp"......but ....OMG.....(Suddenly Karen remembers she is in a chat and must wake up......but the shock makes her seek the comforts of her own dark little world.....but can not shake the fact that a quilter just used this term......wonders now - can we get kicked off of this chat?? after only 17 posts?)

You guys never shock me - you try - but it won't happen. Quilters are bravest, most honest, awesome people I know.

;)

post--13461898398723_thumb.jpg

LOL! It's not THAT bad......had to call my little sister and wake her up to ask her what she calls hers! I keep asking her if I can use a marker and dress it up a little but she won't let me! We could just call them birthmarks since both her step daughters have them and they all got them together.

That gets better, and better. Now I'm thinking, I can't afford my Millie yet but just maybe....?

Karen & Myrna,

I haven't been on the site for awhile and couldn't believe what was happening! I just can't understand the cruelty other people do.

You both are an inspiration to myself and many others!!

My husband is taking a job transfer and we will be leaving Wisconsin, at the earliest next summer, I can't believe this, we are moving to TEXAS!

While we were talking about moving the first thing that came to mind was I will be able to take classes at the huge quilt show with all the professional quilters that inspire me!! I sold my freedom earlier this year (as soon as we are settled I WILL be getting another apqs) but I still buy all the books I can get my hands on, so keep it coming!!!

Some day this person of cruelty will be revealed and the wrath of all the quilters will take care of whoever it is!!

Karen you should patten your tatoo and make stick on tatoos for those of us that can't get a tattoo do to medical reasons! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet you all in class!!!!!

Char

One line in the introduction of your book Mastering the Art of Mctavishing springs to mind. When you were having self doubts about the move and being a longarm quilter and told your sister in law the bottom line was you might be poor , she told you to get over it. Well, saying this with love, get over it. You know you are okay. We know your okay and some lunatic is not okay. I guess she is the one who needs to get over it. You keep on doing what you are doing and Myrna you too. Everyone on this forum knows how you both think and operate. Think positive and be happy.

Beverly

Archived