birthday blocks sent out

janeta

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am mailing blocks to the following people today (8-15) so be watching for them in the mail.

Kathy Pettengill

Tina Reep-Boyington

April Wright

Jan Jacobson

Susan Contreras

Lorraine Caravetta

Linda Card

Alyn Meyer-Gravatt

More to come in the next few days. I will post them as they are sent out.

;)Janet

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my last two. Whew, caught up. These were for Janet Armstrong

Janet-armstrong.jpg

and a house block, my first and OMG, last. I wanted it all in this house. It had to have a chimney, rose bushes, a green lawn, and a deck. My heart is in the right place but my piecing is just not there. I hope you like it anyway, Karol.

Karol_kusmauk.jpg

I have read through this discussion. Perhaps we are having too many choices of where to post our thank yous and some are being missed. I have been using the initial post to say "thanks" and here is what I have found,

Acknowledgement -

April Wright 8/5

Roxie Lutke 8/4

Karol Kusmaulk 8/14

Kate Meyers 6/29

Teresa Taylor, I know I sent you a thank you, but can't find it so here is another "thanks so much".

Janet Armstrong - I received your block today. Very nice. I have a balance of bold/brights and another grouping of pastels. And you are right, there is no picture. Sometime, I will learn to use the camera, but not right now.

Roxie and Karol, I believe you are the only two I have not sent a block to and I will get to it. Right now I am bogged down as daughter is ill and we are between WI and MI to see her.

And again, if any others have not received their blocks, let me know as I had mailed them all out in early spring!

Happy sewing/quilting and trust everyone is staying dry and cool!

Carol Hillary

Congratulations Linda (Ramona Quilter) on finishing the entire list! Wow! That is fantastic that you have put forth the supreme effort of doing them all. I think you are the fourth to finish.

Posting thank yous on the chat really helps participants know that you are being active as well as grateful. Yes, there are more threads for that purpose and that is confusing. It's always a good idea to also write a personal email from your spreadsheet information so that the thank you goes directly to their email.

Jeanne, your collection of blocks you made for others is fantastic and I must admit that I'd like to have them in my hands to see them in person. Thank you again for mine.

For those who have not received ackowledgement for your gifts, please write them a little email directly and you might enclose the picture of their block in case they lost the information that went with your gift. We have such a great group in this exchange that it's hard to conceive that the lines of thanks aren't open.

Hope your daughter is soon feeling better Carol. We get such heavy hearts when something goes amiss with our daughters.

It's really hot here in Arizona this week - 109 at nine in the morning. Was 116 by one o'clock. Makes for very warm swimming pools which is lovely. The coyotes are really active at night with the benefit of the full moon for good hunting.

57 is the number I have sent out so only have ten more to go and hope to finish soon. I have received 20 now as early gifts since my birthday is in December. I really enjoy getting those squishies. Thank you again to everyone for your thoughtfulness.

Vicki

I've sent out 26 blocks now with the following ones going in the mail today. Not quite 1/2 way done, but I WILL get them done. I just hope I am not writing "Merry Christmas" on the envelope along with the happy birthday. Please let me know that you received your blocks. Love the ones posted by Linda a couple of days ago. What color! Happy holiday weekend to all.

Tina Seiling

Barb Wetzel

Judi Olson

Alyn (dear old friend)

Linda Card

Wilma De Priest

Roxie:D

I mailed 11 more blocks yesterday so those of you listed below start watching for your blocks. Hope you like them.

Barb Wetzel

Carol Stanaland

Marilyn Gipson

Roxie Lutke

Christy Wamsley

Stephanie Grant

Jeanne Rumans

Diane Brodin

Brenda Villa

Renea Gamel

Rebecca Tellez

p.s. I only have 5 blocks left and will try to get them out in the next week or two as I am having my floor refinished and the house painted - which required me to stop sewing and move stuff out of rooms! UGH I would rather sew, but things will look great when it is done. :D Janet

I've made 10 more blocks and they are ready to go out except our printer decided to be testy so I've not got my notes made out. We'll get a new printer this next week and then I'll send them out. I've put the pictures on my webshots album. These are the ones I've made them for:

Pam Nagle - Cabbage Rose

Barb Wetzel - Goshen Star

Elaine Benge - Bow Tie (Vintage)

Carol Stanaland - Rocky Mountain Chain

Tina Reep-Boyington - Fox & Geese (you said think fire!)

Stephanie Grant - Hunter's Star (replacement block)

Carlotta Jarratt - Monkey Wrench

Jan Jacobson - Jake's Heart

Tina Seiling - Interlocked Squares

Beth Meyers - Memory Block

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/560259276ktKvfq

Girls......I have posted before but don't know who got the message or not so I am posting again. I have dropped out of the B-Block group......i'm just not able to commit any longer like I should. Sorry to tell you this so late in the game. I did receive Rita Kilpatrick's block and Kate Meyers block last week....thank you.

Renae

• 3 weeks later...

I sent out all blocks up to August 1, plus 6 more who have sent me blocks that leaves me about 17 more to do

I am sending on Monday to

Lisa T

Jan J

hopefully I will be able to send to April W, Tina R, Barb W, Stephanie G, and LindaC, which would bring me up to October

I will need the house ladys address too

I have received about 10 blocks

I am sending out the following blocks on October 1st.

Karol Kusmaul

Kate Meyers

Linda Fritchen

Sandra Darlington

Lorrie Houle

Janet Armstrong

Annette Parker

Sandra Croley

Sue Urness

Vicki Bohnhoff

Norece Embody

Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Carol Stanaland

• 2 weeks later...

These birthday blocks will be sent out on

Monday Oct. 15, 2007. If an asteric is after your name, I received yours. Thank You.

Lorrie Houle *--------- Carol Stanaland

Jeanne Rumans*----- BJ Wetzell

Karol Kusmaul*------- Lisa Thiessen

Vicki Bohnhoff*------- Roxie Lutke

Norce Embody*------ Christy Wamsley

Elaine Benge*-------- Bekah Tellez

Sandra Darlington--- Carlotta Jarratt

Beth Myers------------ Lorraine Caravetta

April Wright----------- Debra Hegarty

Jan Jacobson--------- Linda Card

Please let me know when you receive these. Thanks

Archived