Refurbished Hartley Fences

• 1 month later...

Hi tamaraj

Ultimate 11 is an older style machine. The Hartley Fence is an acessory that enables you to do perfect circles and diagonals. the model of Hartley fence being offered at $300 is only suitable for Ultimate 11s that are on the wooden tables, not metal.

Best wishes

Sue in australia

Hi Linda and Sue!

I FINALLY have my Ulti I working properly (bought it used and it didn't like the move) and it has a Hartley fence with it too... where can I find instructions or a DVD on how to use it? I have a quilt with lots of curves in it and thought the circles would be great to quilt it with...

Let me know!

Bobbi Brady

thebunch47@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Myrna Ficken has and EXCELLENT book and DVD on using the Hartley Fence. You can order them both directly from her or we keep them in stock here at Country Lane. I didn\'t see where you are located but if you are where local to the Kansas City, MO area you could come to our studio for both a short lession and an on hands look at the book. Just let us know

Is there anyplace, or can anyone explain in a bit more detail how the Hartley fence works. I was hoping someone had made a video on U-Tube, but not yet. It would be helpful to see a short visual demo of this product before purchase.

How complicated is it to adjust and set up to do--for instance a circle?

Any info. appreciated as I have an Ultimate II, and this could be a consideration for me depending on how easy it is to use, and how versatile.

What all can you do with it as compared to some of the other similar products. Like Quilt EZ, Rulers/Template---and even the Circle Lord? Having never seen this product, or seen it in action I\'m curious.

I\'ve read mixed reviews on this product in the past. Primarily that it was difficult to understand and use--to what degree is this true.

I would love to hear some feedback from Hartley fence owners that use this system a lot, and like it. Thanks.

Sparkle,

I have had my Hartley Fence about two months and I love it. I almost got a Circle Lord, but it was out of my budget range. There are a lot of ladies her that swear by Circle Lord and there are some that say the Hartley Fence was too difficult for them to use.

I have had nothing but positive results with my fence. I did purchase my fence, book and DVD from Myrna Ficken and I will be taking a class from her in January.

The first time I put the fence base on, it was a little cumbersome, but I went back and watched the DVD and then it was a piece of cake to attach. It is now second nature to put on my Liberty. I was making circles in no time and I am now working on baptist fan and I also got some templates that a a lot of fun to use.

Circle Lord looks like a wonderful tool also, but I am a freehander and just now getting into pantos. To me Circle Lord is a wonderful way to quilt all different designs quickly. As I am not in business LA (I quilt for myself and a few friends), I could not justify the Circle Lord.

There are a lot of different designs that can be done with a Hartley Fence, Its just not circles - cross hatching looks like fun and easier with the fence.

I highly suggest that you try both. The Hartley Fence is a wonderful tool and I don\'t find it hard to use at all. I find it easy and fun to use and has a lot of creative capabilities.

Thank you for letting me know your impressions of using the Hartley Fence attachment on your frame.

I also do not quilt as a business. Primarily I quilt for charity organizations and for myself, and occasionally a friends quilts.

With some thought as to how I quilt, I\'ve decided to not pursue this purchase.

But, thank you for taking the time to let me know how you enjoy your Hartley Fence. :)

Archived