Bananas...are done! pics!

Laurie

I have a customer quilt on the frame.....sock monkey square in a square with a 2" border and a 7-8" border. It's will be for a littly boy.

I have the smaller border quilted with close together figure 8's and I will be doing a varied loop meander over the blocks.

My customer requested "something" done in the setting triangles (the blocks are on point) and.........

Bananas in the border. Yikes! Any suggestions for the setting triangles and/or the border? I'm afraid of what my bananas will look like.....

I've attached this photo.......

post--13461898398502_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keena, those bananas look pretty darn good. I can only imagine what mine would look like...but you all seen my McTavishing :D

Karen,

......try freehand victorian feathers - they look like this

do you know who you are dealing with here when you type a line like that?! :D Did YOU see my McTavishing? Of course I'm not Laurie, she could probably do it. I was just putting myself in her position.

Thanks, Karen, for the reply and the great idea for the triangles........I have a feeling mine will look exactly like bananas!

Oh, and I love the banana meander! I think I could do that with a bit of PPP........

and, I thought I might try a partly peeled banana but that could come out looking like something I wouldn't want on a childs quilt

Keep the thought coming.....I won't get to it this morning anyway.......

Laurie, I have Diane Gaudynski's latest book put out by AQS (the long/skinny book) and in there she demonstrates a background filler that I think she calls "bananas" and they really do look like bunches of bananas and easy to do! They are continuous so no stopping/starting. Check it out!

PS: Love that sock monkey quilt -- too cute! Earlier this year, I made two fabric books (for kids) out of the sockmonkey fabric and the little story line that goes with the sockmonkeys jumping on the bed...and the books turned out adorable. :) One book went to my niece, Veaya, and the other book I donated to charity.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenna,

Love your bananas...both varieties. :P Can't wait to see what YOU can do with a LA.

Freehand victorian feathers are probably very easy if you have the talent of Karen McTavish, but I fit in the group with Mary Beth...I'll have to PPP the rest of my life to get half as good as Karen.

Karen,

You do absolutely beautiful work, you must have the soul of an angel.

Laurie,

I'd try to find a picture of a bannana tree and use leaves to fill with bunches of bannana's that would probably look a lot like bad feathers, you know the feathers that you try to avoid when doing a feathered border...a big Chiquita and the feather police can't come after you because it was requested to be that way!

Heidi

The bannas were from Keena!!

I went completely blank on the borders....

Keena is the one with the talent and the inspiration!!!

This girl was blank on the monkeys.

Bannas for Kenna

Keenabannas

Bannakeena

KeenaingBannas

Nothing is coming to me on a name yet - someone on the chat will come up with something amazing.....just wait about 30 minutes......

Originally posted by kennan100

Knock yourselves out, it's easy-peasey as Shana would say! (hoping this turns out....look Karen - I have bump -bumps!):P

Hey, Kenna-babe... I can't take credit for the term "easy peasy" -- Would you believe that I read that term "Easy Peasy" in one of Karen McTavish's books! True story. So, gotta give credit to Karen McT for this one. Easy Peasy. :P

Archived