another brand new quilter!

catsigler

WOW....my grandaughter has yet to finish anything...a great starter of UFO's, hummmmm maybe the apple really didn't fall to far from the tree after all. I think I have at least 30 of those.

So proud of your baby girl, she did a GREAT JOB and I just love the pattern and the colors that she chose. Give her a hug and a HUGE "Atta Girl" from me.

Cathey, you truly do have a beautiful family. Your grandkids are the cutest! :) So glad you were able to have fun with Riley making her "other" grandma a quilt. How extremely sweet is thaaaat??? Awww! Lovely memories you had in August but guess what...you have so many future memories to make with her, too. I'll bet that you are the funnest Granny a girl could have.

Wow! What a lucky girl...what a gramma! Great memories! Wouldn't I have loved being turned on to quilting at that age ! :) Imagine the "What I did this summer" when she goes back to school. Or am I showing my age...do kids even do that anymore?

And it was finished in 4 days! That is a dream come true!

Anita

Oh, I hope, hope, hope I have a granddaughter (or grandson) who will like to sew with me. Neither of my children were or are interested. My brand-new daughter-in-law (the wedding was Saturday) did take sewing in high school and enjoyed it. Maybe she will again. Thanks for sharing the video and picture. Riley DOES seem fun and sweet!

Thanks for the sweet comments. I am indeed a lucky grandma. I added another video clip to the youtube video showing her using the Millennium and Circle Lord Swirls. She had to stand on a stool!!! So cute. And a final still shot of her with her grandma Carol and the quilt. The new clip is about 2/3 the way through the video.

Guest Linda S

Oh Cathey! I'm just seeing this. What a precious little girl and what a wonderful record of making her first quilt. This will be cherished for years to come I'm sure. You surely have started her off right.

Linda

Hi Cathey - What a neat memory that you have made with Riley (I also have a granddaughter named Riley). I checked out the vidio and it is so cute seeing her take control of your Milli. She will remember this for a long time and I bet you get to make some more quilts with her in the future.

• 3 months later...

This is so new to me. Please respond to my e-mail address, lorim521@yahoo. com and use quilts in the topic. I want to make my own quilted material for totes and purses. The cost of prequilted fabric leaves no room for profit. I would also like to quilt for people who have tops and nothing else. I have been sewing for over 30 years and have not experienced a really good machine. Any quidance would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

Lori

Cathey,

Beautiful grandaughter, beautiful quilt! I\'m so glad you posted the video, too.

I sent the link to my nieghbor. Her granddaughter (about 8 y-o) has expressed an interest in making a quilt for her mom\'s birthday. Lynna was really inspired! My neighbor can help her with the top, but we\'ll get together here for the quilting, some lunch, and an all-around girly get-together.

Mary

Archived