It has arrived!

My long awaited Big M has rrived ! It ws delivered wed. and set up yesterday....So far doing ok with the driving business end, however had to come infrom the "studio" and put the Dvd in and look again...to figure out how to put a quilt on. On the video...Dawn puts pins on the sides as well as pinning onto the canvas linings. Do the pins bend when getting wound as the quilt progresses...or do you remove them from the sides as you go and then continue to pin on the sides as new areas of the quilt are exposed? What about putting a row of pins at the top of the quilt to hold it firm while running a basting stitch across the top?

Appreciate all advice.........

Hello,

When I load a quilt, I baste the batting to the backing using the channel locks for a straight line. Then pin the bottom edge of the top to the #2 roller and line up the top edge of the quilt to that basting line; then I pin it in place and stitch in place, using my channel lock again. I pin the sides and then use a basting stitch to hold them in place and remove the pins. You will find there are several ways of accomplishing the same thing; just do what works best for you. Good luck! Barbara

Archived