I do requests - free pattern

Loes

Hi Joy,

Tons of smiles overhere :)

I used to work for Bernina in the Netherlands back in 1998 (before I started my own company Artistitch). I was the national education lady and my job was to teach the Dutch Bernina dealers the "new" and exciting Artista machine and Software, which were introduced early 1998 here in Holland. Got my training in Switzerland and was hooked on Artista rightaway :)

About Pre-Design and all those houses you have: You are allowed to install Pre-Design on 2 computers. But installing in the other home won't be a problem, we can work things out for that.

About the artista tutorials: I don't have one written for the latest version: but my V2 Artista Designer College is still okay for all versions: all basic skills and techniques are still the same in the latest versions of Artista. And once you get so familiar with those basic things, then you are confident enough to experiment on your own. Cobining techniques is the key to creative embroidery digitizing!

The tutorial has movies with voice-over showing and telling how to digitize in Artista. You don't have to take notes while watching the videos, because everything is written down too in a printable step-by-step Workbook :).

A sample of the way I teach embroidery software can be downloaded from page: http://www.artistitch.com/pages/CDBook_V6.html

Scroll a bit down to the pink line "click to download a sample movie..."

It's a movie made with an older version of the Brother PE-Design software, but then you get a bit of the look and feel of the movies.

Oh and don't forget to look at the screenshots of the embroidery part of the Pre-Design website too: see page:

http://www.pre-design.eu/screenshots.htm

It's great that you can use Pre-Design in two different ways: for longarm quilting and for embroidery digitizing :) So I guess you just skip sleeping at night? Sleeping is so overrated!

Any chance you're also a sewer who likes to draft her own patterns? Because then Pre-Design has a third use for you :)

Thanks again for the sweet comments :)

Loes

Loes,

I would LOVE to design my own patterns. Especially, a pant pattern. I have done it from scratch in the past without the help of a computer.

Also, would like to design a t-shirt pattern with certain neck, bust, hip and length measurements.

Does Pre-Design do all that? AND does Pre-Design make allowances for weight gain and loss? :P:P:P

Take a look at http://www.pre-design.eu/sewingpatterns02.htm

Basically you draft the pattern using a 1/4 ruler (downloadable from Don McCunns website). Scan the ruler along with the pattern and trace the pattern lines. Resize to the actual size in Pre-Design and print. Tape the pages together.

T-shirt is a snap!

Weight gain and loss: I would be a billionnaire if I would know a method to control that <ggg>

Loes

Hi Joy,

It's all just one program! Pre-Design is very versatile and can be used for many functions: it's just a matter of choosing the export format you want:

menu File > Export to DXF for longarm quilting, File >export to EMF, Color Bitmap, PEM for embroidery digitizing, or File > Print Pattern to print the drawing made in Pre-Design at actual size (which works for both garment pattern drafting and printing your own pantos).

There are over 150 free pattern samples in Pre-Design: all for embroidery digitizing, and suitable to print as motifs for longarm systems without a computer. They are in the folder Pattern Samples, inside the Pre-Design 3 program folder on your computer after installation of Pre-Design 3.

The pattern samples are not suitable for computerized longarm systems because they were not drawn as continuous lines in the right sequence.

For a free longarm pattern see: http://store.pre-design.eu

I will add a few more in the coming weeks :)

Enjoy the program!

Loes

• 2 months later...

Archived