Circle Lord Giant Templates

I'm in love with the swirls and square dance Circle Lord templates but do not even have a Circle Lord yet. Actually my machine doesn't even arrive till tomorrow. My question is if you order the queen size templates and you need to do a king can you just move the unit down to finish? Have you had many requests for the big Baptist fan. That Swirls one seems to be such a versatile one for many quilts. I really like the square dance template too. What are your favorites for ease of operation and customer response? ;)

Cheryll -

I think you'd have a difficult time moving the giant templates and getting them to line up correctly. You'd have to move them back and forth every time you quilted a row, which would also cause you to spend a lot more time at the machine. I don't think you'd be happy with it. I don't know what the price difference is, but I'd purchase the king size template if you think you are going to be doing that size at all.

Hi Cheryll,

Check with Michael, but I don't think you've had to move them. I've got swirls, king clam, zigzag and baptist fans. All of them come in 3 sections, and should plenty long to do a king size quilt. I've only ever done queens with them, but only used 2 and part of a 3rd at the most for those.

So far, I"ve gotten the most use out of the baptist fans, and I think it's also the easiest. However, I love them all!

Beth

Archived