Making Baptist Fans...Ka-Ching!

I loved the Circle Lord class....Linda Mae had some great tips that are sure to improve my overall look. Right now I am trying to justify the Baptist fan template. I want it...I do alot of scrap quilts that would look great with this kind of quilting....but, I am not in the business, so it would be another toy in my already pretty full toy box. I have so many quilts now that DH wonders why I am still making them...I find it difficult to part with them.

I have a birthday coming...if I order it now it should be here by then!!;)

Cheryl in Iowa

Everyone has been talking about the Circle Lord and how great they are, that I now would like to have one. Love that batist fan that Sherry has, does it come with the Circle Lord or do you order the templates separate. Just wondering what does come with the Circle Lord?

Have to say WOW what a great site this is, has a wealth of information, and I'm not done reading all the posts.

Thanks

Sherry.... Do you thing the Circle Lord is easier to use than the Hartley Fence? I already have the HF but I have to admit I haven't used it much. But I love what you did with the CL. Do you know the price of the CL. And is it really easy to use? I am looking for ease.

Barb Wetzel

Ivy Corner Quilting

Altoona, Ia.

I don't think it ever ends Cynthia. I started with the Giant Clams, then the Zig Zag and now the Baptist Fan. My clients love the designs and will never know how easy it is for me. Whatever design comes up next I'm sure we will want it. Nobody said that quilting would be cheap. But it sure is fun!

Good Morning FAN CLUB!

I am thrilled to hear that you are happy with the BF King template. I absolutly LOVE mine and am so happy that Michael was willing to take a chance on my intuition that this would be succesful for him. If it was not, at least I knew I was going to get mine! :P

I emailed Michael to ask him for his current price list and the following is what he sent me. I have included his toll free # if you have any further questions.

Have fun everyone...I sure am!

$???? 549.00

?? King Clam??

?

?$???? 549.00

?? King Zig Zag

?$???? 499.00

?? King Baptist Fan??

?

?Sub-Totals

?$? 1,597.00

?

?

?Less 10% templates

?$???? 159.70

?

?

WHEN YOU BUY THE CIRCLE LORD

?Template cost

?$? 1,437.30

?

?

YOU WILL PAY ONLY $539 BECAUSE YOU

?ALREADY HAVE THE STYLUS.

?Stylus Set

?

?$???? 160.00

?

Number of Monthly Payments

$133.11 ??? ??

?

Shipping -ZERO

??

???????????? TOTAL COST

?$? 1,597.30

?

?Tel. 1 866-510-6060?

Thanks Sherry,

I am sure I will have more fun with the Circle Lord then the Hartley Fence, which I put away 3 years ago. Couldn't get it to make a circle.

I will have to wait until June to order the CL. Going away for a week and don't want it to come when I'm gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the Zig Zag templates in the mail and have question on how everyone is securing them. I see where you can put velcro down on your table and on the back of the template. However, if you have a pattern grid - which I keep moving around - do you put the velcro on top of the pattern grid - or do you take the pattern grid off and put it directly on the table. If you do this, does this cause a problem w/ movement in your pattern grid when you add it on top.

Also - anybody find that they have to raise the templates because the pointer doesn't sink in deep enough? Maybe this will resolve itself once I figure out how to best secure the templates.

Also, I saw on another post that someone got suggestions from Connie on wobblies in the templates. I haven't gotten far enought to know if I will have a problem with this - but inquiring minds want to know what she recommended to solve this. Since se don't have an edge on our tables, there really isn't anything to help hold things in place.

Kari Schell

Brooklyn Park, MN

Archived