Favorite books, videos, pantos, etc........

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Right now, my favorite book and video is Karen McTavish's Mastering the Art of McTavishing. Ooooo la la! It is wonderful. I also have Karen's other two books which are favs. Christine Olson's Breaking the Code is great. Darlene Epp's Pocket Guides are terrific. In the panto category, I love just about anything by Jodi Beamish. Deb Geissler (Designs by Deb) also has some wonderful ones, as does Timeless Treasures, Lorien Quilting, etc., etc. I've been the panto princesss for the past several months. Am looking forward to getting into more custom work. I'm taking several classes at MQX to help with that progression. :D

Linda

Hi,

I too like the McTavishing book and C.D. However, my favorite pattern books are the ones by Diana Phillips/Cozy Creations. She always gives so many inspiring ideas. Everytime I'm stumped I know I can pull out one of her books and figure out something that will work. They are the kind of ideas that you don't necessarily choose the exact design, but figure out how to solve a design issue. I hope that makes some sense.

Kay

Ult. I/IS Turbo

I just got back from a workshop by Sharon Schamber. She has 4 of the best continuous line pattern books I have found! She told me she is going to have pantos soon too. I have the Donita Reeves pocketguides, and many other books, but nothing I have seen comes close to these for the monay. Check her out at www.sharonschamber.com

I have four of her continuous machine quilting books and they are WONDERFUL! Lots of very lovely designs - some simple, others a little more complex and then there are a few that are absolutely amazing!

I have used the patterns as inspiration for freehand designs and also as drop in motifs (using the laser light) and I copied one design several times, taped it together to use pantograph style.

She states in all of these books that we can copy, enlarge, and reduce for our use - and on customer quilts, too.

I'd definitely recommend them.

Sherri Dolly

Overland Park, KS

One of the ways I use Sharons designs is with Dr. Paper from Golden Threads. Trace the design on the Dr Paper with a pencil ,then I fold the paper to the size I need take the stack of papers the my DSM with the traced design on top and stitch with a # 90 needle through the stack of papers. Then peel off one at a time, place it where I want it . I will hold it in place with a pin, stitch the design, tear away the paper. Works great. Also make a photo copy and use with your laser at the front Her design book are great.

Myrna

Archived