Lenni update

Patch

Has Lenni shipped yet? Does anyone have him yet? I'll see him next week, I believe, but was just wondering what people think of their new baby, if they've got him yet. I guess whoever gets him first will give us all a HUGE announcement, eh? ;) At least, I hope so!

Or did I miss it somewhere else on here?

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I know everyone as been axiously awaiting the arrival of Lenni. The first Lenni was officially born and delivered yesterday, October 17. I understand his new owner is delighted in his arrival and preparing to get her first quilt on the frame and quilted. The second Lenni is arriving today and they will continue to come in at a steady stream now.

Thanks for everyone's patience in bringing this new machine into the world.

Heidi at APQS:D

Hi Chris, the micro drive handles are $199.95

The base extender to use with them, are $115.00 and $125.00, depending on if you have a bottom thread cutter or not. To find them go to apqs home page and click on supplies top left.. next to machines.

RitaRose.

This really has been a long time. I think I first read about Lenni at the end of May. In a few days it will be November and still no one posting the arrival of their machine or how they like it. This is almost as long as the birth of a real infant. DB

Well, I\'m going to open my big mouth and say, "I have sent emails, in the plural, and if you can get any answers about the machine, table, accessories, etc.. you are doing one heck of a lot better than I am!" \'

I\'m wondering why it\'s a big States Secret as to WHAT SIZE BOBBIN he uses.. does ANYTHING come with him, What KIND and WHAT SIZE NEEDLES are recommended...are leaders included, and any velcro or zippers.. samples of thread.. bobbins.. is it possible to adjust the table height and if so how..

I\'m really beginning to wonder, if we can\'t get responses for Basic Info, (or at least Id consider these questions as basic!)

before the machine gets here, just WHAT will happen once it is here and we need help???????????

I\'ve asked in person and in at least 2 emails to two people...

And WAITING is NOT one of my BIG POINTS!

I would like to know so I can get needles, velcro or zippers, maybe order a sampler of threads.. etc.. just so I can use it as soon as possible. I\'m not a rank beginner, but this klunker I\'ve been using.. will try to attach a pict.. is so picky, I don\'t have a lot on hand.. He originally was a 1928 White Rotary domestic machine.. the yellow thing is a router speed control, the silver clumps hanging around are the lights.. the black gunk and gobs and cables are power, light etc cords) Newer black head that works real well, new rods and joints underneat, a balanced flywheel.. and he\'s running pretty well for a tired old fart.

RitaRose

post--13461898677826_thumb.jpg

RitaRose and all,

Here is an update on Lenni that might help. The first Lenni machines were sent out last week, and the factory is busy preparing the next shipments. As with any new venture, some aspects of the production have taken longer than first predicted--mainly because we wanted to make sure everything measures up to the same high quality standards for Lenni that we insist upon for all of our machines.

Yep, we had a few Braxton-Hicks contractions along the way, and we thought we\'d need an epidural at times (being "overdue" is definitely uncomfortable), but Lenni is finally born! (I wonder if the gang at the factory filled out the "birth certificate"!:))

To answer your questions:

[*] Lenni uses the SmartBobbin (Style L) just like all the other APQS machines for superior stitch quality.

[*] A thread sampler pack, courtesy of Superior Threads, is included. All APQS machines, including Lenni, will work with just about any thread, from polyester to cotton to invisible. The manual included with Lenni will address different threads and suggested tension adjustments.

[*] A package of 10 needles, Singer MR 4.0, will ship with the Lenni. We recommend using these needles (available from APQS) to give you the best stitch possible.

[*] Two sample pantograph patterns are included, courtesy of Golden Threads.

[*] Canvas leaders are included, along with adhesive hook and loop tape so that you can attach them to the rollers. Since the rollers will come apart for easy storage, the canvases are removable. The Velcro that comes with the machine is meant to attach the canvases to the rollers. If you want to use Velcro as the means by which you attach your quilt layers to the canvas, I suggest you wait until you receive your machine so that you can buy Velcro the exact length of your canvases.

However, if you wish to use zippers to attach your quilt to the canvas leaders, visit the APQS home page for more information about them. One of our representatives, Sue Schmieden, sells the zipper sets.

[*] You will receive some aluminum bobbins so that you can wind your bobbin thread; Superior Threads typically will provide a sample of pre-wound bobbins in their thread kit.

[*] The table height is adjustable (up to a 9-inch maximum).

[*] As for what to do when you need help...the manual will be very thorough, including assembly instructions, maintenance, loading a quilt, practice exercises, etc. You are also entitled to a free beginner class from me or one of our representatives to help you get started. In addition, customer service is one of our top priorities. Just call, or email me at any time with questions, and I\'ll do my best to get you the answers you need.

We appreciate everyone\'s patience through Lenni\'s conception (can I say that?:)), "gestational period" and subsequent birth and delivery!

If you have additional questions, let me know!

Hello, and Thank You Dawn... I really do appreciate the answers.. very frustrating to keep asking and get no response..

I hadn\'t thought of the rollers coming apart too... though the table was only set up for 5 feet at the seminar.. I thought they were for ease of taking the mahcine to seminars, etc.

with very short legs, the adjustable height is great, too.

Thank you Again!

RitaRose

RitaRose,

You\'re welcome! You are right about the traveling table. It is much more efficient for us to ship a 5-foot "little Lenni" to traveling road shows.

But just in case someone is reading this and is confused about the real table size of Lenni, it\'s 10 feet. Lenni will quilt a queen-size quilt (about 108 inches or so) but not a king.

The adjustable height makes it easy to set the machine for your comfort. Short or tall, you can use Lenni to make beautiful quilts!

Oh Noooo! I see one thing I\'m really hoping was an oversight:( in listing the things that come with Lenni...

At the seminar, we were told, quote, "Äll our machines come with a Turbo Winder".

To be told that the statement was an error now, well, on top of everything else.. it just would NOT set very well.. and I couldn\'t possibly come close to saying what I\'ll be thinking.

So, another kick to the Lenni buyers, or does the Turbo Winder come with the Lenni?

RitaRose:(

Joann, here is an update you may not be aware of: the new Millenniums do not have the "on board" bobbin winders any longer. The new production of Millenniums include the separate turbo bobbin winder. RitaRose, please don\'t assume, get upset and jump to conclusions. I am sure what you were told at the seminar is true about the bobbin winder. It is very likely that the listing you read covers only the main features of the machine. :)

Well I think I\'ve already been made an A** of many times so to assume wouldn\'t add anything new ROFL... and said with a load of humor.. kinky humor though it may be.

Shana, I\'m just waiting for an answer from one of the mods, or dealers that really know... am sure Joann is trying to help, and often things change so fast it\'s hard to keep up...

I can\'t afford to get rialed up now.. I\'ll have catarac surgery in the morning and am trying to stay calm.. and BUTTY is acting up and himself is gone.. and ROFL.. its the pits..

anyway... Thanks .. wish I were in North Pole,, they have a real neat RV park right near there.. Wanted to spend one full year there and himself just wouldn\'t consider it.

RitaRose

APQS sells "complete" quilting systems. This includes the bobbin winder. The Millennium how comes with a separate winder as well. The Turbo Winder is MUCH faster!

I\'ve just talked with Heidi Kaisand at APQS. The first 3 Lennis are up and running, the next 13 are just waiting for a part to arrive next week and they\'ll go out. The next 15-20 will be out by the end of Nov., early Dec., if not sooner.

Like Dawn said, there has been a bit, well....a LOT, of false labor. As you may be able to appreciate, when you\'re depending on other suppliers for a few simple parts, ........... things don\'t always go according to plan! :(

ALSO, APQS is known for putting out a product that is RIGHT, from the first day it hits the market. They do not believe in using their customers as their "testers". In the end, that is good for all of us, even if it\'s more than a little frustrating when it\'s YOU that\'s waiting for YOUR machine.

I\'m an APQS Dealer, and I\'m waiting for my Lenni too. NO dealers were put in line ahead of customer orders, regardless of how much we (*I*) whined! ;)

Oh What a relief that is Darlene.. thank you Very Much.

Ol\' Butty and I have been having issues today.. he keeps burping at me.. Am about ready to call a mortician for him...

Will enjoy that Lenni and bobbin winder... I willl I willl I willlllllll

RR

Ladies...

Do tell.... did anyone see Lenni at Houston? Want to hear all about it please! All the details ... for those of us who couldnt attend the show.

And dear APQS people... more info please for those of us waiting to hear all about this new baby Lenni (thanks for the earlier posts & details ... but more please?)

Got pix? Load us up.

Lynn

;)

Tampa, Fl.

Hi Lynn

I went to Houston and tried the Lenni. It would be hard to add anything that hasn\'t been said before on this thread. It was certainly smooth and much lighter than the Milli.

I think what we need now is some feedback from those that have received delivery but I guess they are busy playing.

When You\'re ready girls!!

Chris

Thanks Chris for your reply. Sure is quiet out there about Lenni.

When you tried it in Houston...was it loud? Smooth? Easy? Heavy? What did they tell you about maintenance?

Can\'t wait to get my hands on one ... and I cant quite visualize how the table folds? Anything you or others would care to share would be great. It\'s between Lenni & a Nolting FQ (Fun Quilter w/SR) ... can\'t decide.

OK...happy quilting ladies & thanks for any info you can give us all on LENNI!

Lynn

:)

Tampa, Fl.

I tried the Lenni, Freedom and the Milli up in Winston Salem, NC, in Sept. It\'s light, smoothe to move, swirls and swoops with ease of just a couple fingers...to me it was much lighter than the other two which is a plus with spinal issues, .. and it is a smaller machine.. not tiny by any means.. just smaller.. not as wide. Unfortunately I didn\'t spend much time checking out the table. I think the legs are removable, but may be totally wrong on that. I had to ask about the transfer from one table to the other and the response was there is a flexible track cover that is used when the table/machine is set up. It is fairly quiet, a bit noisier than a Viking, but not as loud as other long arms I\'ve tried, heard and test drove..the noise seems to come more from the stitch regulator and the hopping foot, than motor noise.

I\'m curious about the wheels too.. they are vertical not horizontal like the other machines. Will the Edge Rider wheels work on Lenni & her table?

Change of name due to apqs not accepting my password.. and couldn\'t get it to send it to me by email.

RitaR

Archived