My Little Testimonial

I haven't been on here for a while but I see many of you are wanting longarms and wondering if you can earn income from quilting. I thought I'd share with you how I got started. Maybe it will help some (maybe no one will even read it!):P

I bought an old, used shortarm about 6 years ago to do my own quilts. It wasn't long before others were asking me about doing their quilts and I used that machine for over two years. Without even trying to get business, I ended up with way more than I could do on that small machine.

I had never tried any of the longarms but I read what others had to say, picked the brains of a few that I trusted and decided the APQS was right for me. DH called and bugged the heck out of Carla and we bought a used Ult. I from APQS. They said it was used but I still think it was new! It was perfect in every way. Kept it for over 2 years and decided to trade it for an APQS Freedom (again without trying other machines).

I love the APQS service and when it was time for a new machine, I didn't even consider other brands. (No . . I'm not getting paid to say this!)

As far as getting business, I have never paid for an ad except recently I took out an ad at Quilters Cache. I had been sending donations to help with the cost of maintaining the site and figured if I paid for an ad, it would be tax deductible.

When I decided to make this into a business maybe five years ago, I ordered 500 business cards and have just now had to re-order.

My feeling is that if you love what you do and do a good job, the business will come without having to beat the bushes.

There are some days when I quilt 16 hours a day and most weeks, I quilt at least 5 days, some weeks I quilt 7 days!

So, if you enjoy quilting and if you want a longarm and if you want to earn income from machine quilting, go for it! You know that if you don't try it, you'll never know.

I enjoy every single minute of my "job" and feel so blessed to be doing something I truly love and making a decent income doing it.

My web page has pictures of my work, pricing etc. You are welcome to take a look and see if it helps you in any way: http://www.SunshineQuilts.com

I'll be glad to help any of you teetering on the fence trying to decide if you want to do this or not. But . . you know I'm going to say DO IT!! :D

Archived