I'm Expecting

RitaR

I finally made the decision and have my Lenni ordered... was told it would be shipped "somewhere around the end of Oct. " and am guessing myself, maybe into early Nov.

Since I'm known for preemies, I'm hoping this one will be another!

I'm stepping up from a cantankerous old stretched White, so know this will be GREAT!!!

:P

RitaRose in NC

well, if it's a preemie, it's a boy, my girls were both full term.. so, no idea of name..

I'll make note of that Heidi.. delay my delivery, make it past due??? uh huh... geesh! lol May have to order yer hubbys birthing couch. :D:P

:P' :P:P:P

I've had such a time with all this, that I'm still just limp.. excited, but.. um... could be more! ;o)

RitaA

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Seminar, saw and drove the Lenni, Freedom and Milli.. loved them all.

Came home and cancelled the order for the Lenni.

I needed just a bit of help and it's not available, so guess this is best.

Wish I could say I'd soon be a happy owner, too.

RitaRose

No, nothing about the machine. The Lenni would be ideal, light weight, very easy to steer, could make straight lines left and right away from and back freehanded, did fairly well with circles, it curves beautifully.. I have spinal issues, and it didn't tire me out or wear me down like the two heavier machines seemed to do..

Just Trychecking for a loan that will also cover shipping and taxes..even after I paid my 20% down on the machine, never mind needing minor things like batting, thread, pantos' etc...

Oh I did find them, at 12.53% interest.. who can afford that?

RitaRose

Have you tried to finance through the bank that APQS recommends? It's located fairly close to the APQS headquarters, and the manager is familiar with APQS, the machines, the owners etc. I'm pretty sure their rates would be better than what you've been quoted. Give your dealer a call and ask for the information. I think it's also available on this site, but not sure where right now. Will check it out and post again.

Hi Darlene.. I really appreciate your suggestion. However. Bank Iowa is one of them, (in fact Mark turned my application over to another person.. ) that INSISTS they CANNOT loan more than 80% of the base price, NO extras, NO taxes, NO shipping. I sure never heard of this in the Business Math and Bookkeepping classes I took in college.. buy an item but not be able to ship it? Real helpful, huh? :P interest for things other than cars seems to be over 9%, too. High but doable compared to over 12.5%

So guess I keep paying weekly bills to the mechanic, to keep the old white running the best we can, and take 2 weeks to quilt a crib sized quilt. Just a minor irritation.:P.

Rita

Is there a credit union you might be eligible to join. You could transfer your savings there to open an account. That's where I got my loan at a great rate and they were very helpful in looking at it from all angles. I think I ended up getting a big loan at a low rate for the machine itself, and a second small loan at a slightly higher rate for all the "go withs", and then they combined the two and the payment was just exactly what I was hoping it would be. There are a variety of financing options...hope you find one. I don't do well with delayed gratification!!! Good luck, I know the solution is out there!

Lynne in Ann Arbor

Lynne's Red Boot Quiltery

checking into that Lynn, thanks. so far, no luck. If we were Navy or Marines, we could get a loan at less than 7%.. but the AF/Army is running well over 12%. and we can't join the Navy CU.. ;o( they don't want us.

A person from another bank was to call us today.. still waiting and am sure the bank is closed by now.

I'll keep selling presser feet on Ebay, sewing related items I don't use, etc.. trying to drum up the shipping. Wish APQS would help us Lenni buyers.. sniffle. lol

:P:PRita :P

Archived