Innovations 2007

ffq-lar

I'm pooped!! Day 1 of Innovations 2007 was great!

I met lots of APQSers and hope to meet more tomorrow.

What a great quilt show--absolutely beautiful quilting--and LOTS of what is called "hands-free" quilting--either Statler or CQ. Much more than last year which means it is heading for main-stream acceptance and there will be categories at the big shows for computer-aided, I guess.

I got to see Lenni--cute little girl with easy controls--definitely will give the Handiquilter a run for the money, I bet!

I will take photos of our dinner tomorrow and also lots of Show pics to share.

Time for bed and do it again tomorrow!

Hi everyone, (Hi Linda!)

Wish you were here! Linda and I did get to meet each other quite by accident today. This lovely friendly lady sits down to next to me, and I've been looking all morning for someone with a purple ribbon of course---and it turned out to be Linda! Linda and I had a great time in Grace Anderson's class. "Echo Explosion". I enjoyed Grace's teaching and learned so much from her lecture, worksheets and drawing in class. Makes you want to go home and start doing what you just practiced on paper. Of course I'm not about to leave just yet!

The convention center is such a nice place to be. The classrooms are large and the way they have it set up---everything is running so smoothly!

I saw "Lennie" late this afternoon. But, I was more interesting in looking at the quilts today. Tomorrow I will spend time at the vendors. The new fun thing I found---isn't there just one thing every year that we all look for that's "different"?---Well here it's the "Fun & Go Quilting Chair"---maybe some of you have seen this---it's a hoot! But, really very nice too! Expensive, but if you want to sit and quilt at a frame--comfortably. This would be the way to go. It's a motorized platform with a foot pedal, and an Ergo chair. The whole platform moves under your control. You press your foot on a pedal, and it just moves along. There is a single track located just under the front of the frame and machine. You sort of chuckle when you see it moving along---but, then when you sit up in the chair move along it's really very kewl!

Well, I'm exhausted, but in a good way. Looking forward to dinner with many of the quilters from the group here tomorrow evening. Good-Night everyone, wherever you are!:)

I, too, am pooped! The day was great - my head feels like it'll explode, there are so many new and exciting things to try when I get home.

My only complaint is about the coffee: the organizers must not be coffee drinkers, 'cause you can't get coffee anywhere in the convention center after 11:30 a.m. - and it's a no-no to bring in Starbucks.....

See all the purple ribbon ladies tomorrow morning!

Patty "PATCH" rode to Portland with Bev and I this afternoon. We all had a GREAT TIME at Innovations. The classes were very good, we learned lots of new things. I especially appreciated all I learned in Mark's "Machine Maint. Class". The part about Innovations I enjoyed the very most was meeting others from this site. The dinner at Spaghetti Factory really was the frosting on the cake. MANY THANKS to Linda Rech for getting us all organized.

Good food, Great Friends. It doesn't get much better.

Hey Gals - This is Karen McTavish - I am rooming with Sue Patten - which is why I am on her computer. We are at the show - Just wanted to congradulate our Claudia Pfeil from Germany on her 1st Place win in her catagory.

On a personal note, I had to put away competition quilting since I had my son - now 2 years old, Stormy. I finally entered a quilt in Innovations this year - and found out I won a 1st Place in my catagory! My publishers, are very happy with me. Havent had a ribbon in two years! I think they were getting nervous! Its nice to get one after such a long time - and after writing a freaking book about Quilting for Show. Thank God it did well - that old "put your money where your mouth is" thing.....

On another note - THANK YOU so much for your support at Innovations. I got sooooo much love from this chat. I love this chat. You guys are so great.

Hope to come home soon -

Karen McTavish

I made a mad dash through the Innovations show this morning to try to see who had won ribbons.

Yee Haw-- "our" Claudia won First in her category with her "Turnabout" quilt--that sparkley beauty with the flying geese pathways!!!! So pretty in person! I can't say about the rest as I only had a few minutes between classes.

We had a great time at the dinner last night--lots of laughter and good will--and great customer stories!

I finished my classes today and am exhausted and ready for bed. I met lots of wonderful people and many chatters. I will talk your ears off tomorrow and post pictures, I promise!!

Congrats to Claudia and Karen!

Dear Karen McT,

Congrats on your award. I think it's like riding a bike...if you've been off one for a while it doesn't take long to get back in the swing of things again. I think your little Stormy boy (and a cute little man he is!) he is your good luck charm. Family is always first and you gotta focus on that little guy of yours. But I am glad you are back and rockin' the quilting world again with your pretty quilty stuff. Now you are creating the quilts you want to make. How satisfying is this? I am so happy for you with your ribbon. Please share a photo of that quilt when you get a chance, OK? :)

PS: Hay Sue Patten, I hope that your roomie was a good girl and didn't snore too loud or kick the covers off... I just hate it when that happens...LOL ;)

Shana

What a woooooooooonderful "wake-up"-message this morning (it is 8am here over the ocean!)!:D:D:D

I´m just jumping here in my living-room like a crazy teen;):cool::) Lucky that there is no camera in this room;)*lol

A huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge congratulation to you, Karen! I´m sooooo happy and proud for you!:D

I wished to be there over the ocean....!

Ok...I have to calm down;) and get my morning coffee....wooooow!

I could hug the whole world but my quilting friends in Tacoma first!....... best wishes from over the ocean.....

Claudia

Claudia & Karen,

Congratulations!!!! This is so great! Claudia is collecting American ribbons! And Karen is back in competition, and showing herself to be the winner she was born to be! So practice that sashay, swing those dreads girl and get your not so dark after all little self into the winners circle!

WOOHOO!! Dancing in my livingroom for Claudia & Karen!!!!:D:D:D

Congratulations, Claudia & Karen!

Way to go girls!

I had the pleasure to see Claudia's breathtaking quilt in person and up close during MQS earlier this summer - can't wait to see pictures of Karen's, I'm sure it's pure eye-candy as always.

Thanks again for your call this morning, Claudia - still cannot believe what you've told me, though...

Hope to see the two of you in Aschaffenburg next weekend.

Take care,

Birgit

Congrats to Karen for a well-deserved blue ribbon! She had two absolutely gorgeous quilts displayed side-by-side in the show. One had a black background and on was cream and sagey green. I voted for the green one and wonder which one took the ribbon. Both were eye-poppin' beautiful!!

My brain is full! I was making French toast this morning with cinnamon bread--I zoned out and started imagining a Sharon Schamber style feather nestled along the spine of cinnamon swirl in the bread! Told my DH and he said as long as I didn't see Elvis in the French toast I wasn't COMPLETELY crazy! What does he mean, COMPLETELY?!!

He is downloading photos as we speak and I will get some posted soon.

Archived