Karen McTavish's Book, Whitework Quilting

JudyL

If you even think you might want to do longarm quilting, you should buy Karen's book TODAY! Again . . I'm not getting paid for this recommendation. I hesitated to buy this book because I've been disappointed with some of the books written by other longarmers but after reading all the rave reviews, I ordered it. I have about worn it out already! Those books just don't hold up very well when you drool on them every day!

Karen is so good at this stuff and the pictures are fantastic -- nice, clear, color pictures and lots of them!

This book is definitely worth the cost and I think beginners (or even those of you who don't have a machine yet) to the most experienced longarmers would benefit from this book.

I had the privilege of briefly meeting Karen McTavish at the APQS booth in Paducah yesterday. She is a riot -- I smile just thinking of her. If you ever have a chance to take one of her workshops, I know you'd learn a tremendous amount and have great fun too!

• 4 months later...

I love this book! I bought a copy when it first came out and then received a copy as a gift from APQS -- good thing too, because I had drooled all over my first copy! :P I get to take a class (but just a lecture/demo) from Karen at Innovations on October 3rd. I cannot wait to meet her. What a talented lady.

Linda

I received the book as a Thank You, too....and I show it to anyone that asks about quilting, or longarm quilting....or "what does that machine do?" Of course I always explain that what is in the book is what I aspire to do.......not what I can do, just yet. Some day, with practice and patience I will do work like that!

Cheryl

I too recieved Karens wonderful book from APQS. What a wonderful surprise. Someday I want to make a ankle length vest with slits up the sides useing Karens methods. Lots of fethers, ect. Dream, Dream, Dream.

Phyllis and I are going to APQS on Oct.14th and 15th for the beginner and intermediate classes. Anyone else out there going on those dates? We can hardly wait.

Audria with a quilted heart.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just recently found a copy of the book Whitework Quilting after learning about Karen McTavish from her book on McTavishing (thats the first I had heard of her). While Whitework Quilting is now out of print, The Quilted Rose, a longarm supply store in San Diego, still has copies available.

http://www.thequiltedrose.com/ If you haven't had the chance to get a copy or thought you were out of luck because you can't order it through Amazon, you might be able to give this store a call and try to get a copy before they run out. Best quilting book I've ever seen, period. It is a fabulous showcase of masterpiece quilts by some of the best longarm quilters in the country.:D

Archived