Phoenix AZ area APQS owners

kennyc

I'm considering purchasing an APQS machine (probably a Millenium) Is there anyone in Phoenix (preferably near Ahwatukee) that would be willing to contact me about thier impressions about thier machines? I'm torn between Gammill, Tin Lizzy, and APQS, leaning towards APQS. thanks! Ken

Kenny,

I am now where near Phoenix, but I am also a newbie. I had to fly to the Sydney craft show, to have a look at all the different machines available in Australia.

I started of with liking the Nolting, because that is the only professional machine that I had seen until then. However, there were some issues, so after loads more research, it was going to be a decision between APQS and Gammill. I packed up my husband and we flew to the show. Call me conservative, but when I am about to spend between $25,000 and $30,000 I like to have at least a test drive.

My husband and I liked the APQS machines best, because they are such a neat and tidy looking machine and being a very long way away from back-up we wanted something that filled us with confidence. Geoff didn\'t like the idea of having to modifiy the longarm machine if you wanted to add the computer at a later date, which you have to with the Gammill.

Whatever decision you make, the best advise I can give you is to test drive first and have a good look at how the machines are put together and how

easly they are to up grade. Have a look what is available second hand as well.......... this should be an indication of what machines are being replaced. Have a chat to some of these sellers and see why they are getting rid of their machines in the first instance.

Good Luck.

Ken - I am in the east valley, but I am very new. I just got my machine in mid-September and I have only done a few tops and practice on muslin. I too tried all the la\'s out there that I could get my hands on. APQS was the only machine for me after I tried all the major competitors. I have a Freedom SR (Millie without all the upgrades). It is a great machine and I am really happy with my choice. Myrna is our regional rep for AZ, she is located in Utah. She may jump in here, but you can find her website at aquilterschoice.com I believe. She is a valuable resource for any questions you might have.

I think you will find the majority of quilters on this site are APQS owners (as it is their site) and I would venture very satisfied customers. I was able to go to MQS this past summer and tried everything I could and took classes which are very helpful. You didn\'t say whether this is to start a business or a hobby. If you plan to charge money, APQS has sample business plans at their website for people just starting out in LAing. Also, look at the used machines section of this site as stated above.

Good luck with your decision, there are much more experienced LAer\'s than me out here and I\'m sure someone will jump in.

Hi Ken;

I live in Mesa, I have an Apqs Liberty. There is a lot of Gammils in our area mostly because there are reps with shops in our areas (easy access and all that) but because of Myrna (the regional rep for area) Apqs is starting to make a bigger footprint for itself out here. The size of the machine you decide to get should be based on what your needs are such as do you intend to use it for personal or for business, do you want to add a compuquilt to it or keep it hand guided. How much money do you want to spend etc...Do your homework so when you finally do make your decision you will be happy with what you got. If you have anymore questions ask a way.

Hi Ken,

We do have quite a few APQS machines in your area, Millie\'s, Freedom\'s, and Liberties as you see. I am out of the country and will be back in the states on the 29th and would be happy to contact you to answer any questions you may have.

You are more that welcome to come to my place and try the machines if you are up for a little road trip:)

Myrna Ficken on Claudias PC

435-229-2703

Archived