MQS

Mary Beth

I\'m in too. I did it on line at 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time. It opened at midnight KC time, which is two hours behind the PNW so I did it. Happened to be on line right exactly when it opened. I am so excited. Mary Beth, how many classes did you sign up for? I held mine down to 2 classes a day. Since they are all hands on, I figured I would be wiped out. Besides, I want to be able to do some volunteering while I am there, and of course, some shopping. Woohooo. Barb, are ya signed up yet? Huh, roomie? Patty Jo, are you going? Geez, can you tell I am ready!!

Nancy Jo

I\'m in, I\'m in! Just finished registering online a few minutes ago. Was going to make sure I was up when registration opened last night (pacific time), but had a minor medical procedure yesterday that involved sedation, and I was in no condition to use my computer, much less face the online registration process! And my DH (wisely) wouldn\'t let me anywhere near my Millie.....:(

As to the classes, I checked with Linda Hamson, MQS Show Chairman, who gave me the info about how classes are filled, as follows:

"All online registrations will be printed out and put into a box with all mailed in registrations that have already been received and will be drawn out lottery style. The online registrations received on December 1 will be considered day one registrations along with all those mailed in and received by Saturday. Day two will be registrations received online on Sunday, Dec 2, and day three will be online registrations received on Monday Dec 3 as well as mailed in registrations received on Monday and so on."

So I guess we\'ll find out by good ol\' snail-mail whether we got the classes we wanted. Hopefully, first-day registrations, whether by mail or online, will get the classes desired. Keep your fingers crossed, ladies!

That seems like a pretty fair way to do it. Not fair for us \'puter people to beat out those that put the time, effort and checks in the mail in a timely manner. I like the thought process. If they are that cool about registration, imagine how great the whole convention will be. Waaaaay cool. Hopefully I will get my classes. if not, then I\'ll re-group!

Nancy Jo

I thought that I read somewhere that IMQA members class registrations got processed starting 1 Dec and non-members processing starts on 1 Jan 2008.

So does this mean that there is a Dec 1st member box and a Dec 1st non-member box for registrations? I don\'t get that.

And what is this lottery style thing all about?

Hi all,

I\'ve tried to check in on you all just to see if there is anything I can clear up for you about MQS. Weeelllllll,,,,I guess I should start with the online registration......

Registrations started off at a fast pace and have been going steady ever since. When you register with the site, www.IMQA.org you receive an e-mail telling you what your user ID is and your password. When you place an order, you receive an e-mail thanking you for the order, and telling you that you will receive a confirmation by mail. THIS is not a confirmation that you received the classes on the order form.

When we "Ship the order" we are telling you that we have printed the order off of the site and will be entering it into the database, but you still are not confirmed for the classes. You don\'t have the confirmation until you ACTUALLY have the paper confirmation in your hot little hands......

Sorry, but this is how the system works. The webstore does not have a counter that goes down each time someone signs up for a class. We have to put that data into the database and then print the confirmation and then you have to wait paitently for it to arrive. On a positive note, you are not charged for a class unless you get into it. We do the charging at the office, so no class, no charge or refund.

On another note, you can TA (Teacher\'s Angel) for a teacher (no more than 2 classes and must be registered and paid for 2 classes at least. Please, do not sign up to TA until after you have your confirmation....it causes lots of headaches if you do it the other way around and could end up costing money. It you sign up for a class and then drop it.....you pay 1/2 the cost of the class---even if you TA that class, so please do it in the proper order.

1. Sign up for class,

2. Wait for your confirmation

3. Contact Mary Hibbs to volunteer

4. Be excited before, during, and AFTER!!!

To answer another question, the lottery style of registration for "Day 1" registrations, is this.....we get all the registrations (mail & internet) for December 1 or before. We check each registration against the membership file and check your expiration date. We place your registration into a box with all the other Member\'s registrations and our dataentry person draws one out and processes it. Then draws out another, and another until the box is empty. The we do "day 2" (December 2nd) Those and all others are done in the order that they are received. If you submit on the internet, before 8:30am, you are before the mail---if after 8:30 you are after the mail. We try to keep each day seperated and in order and your membership is verified against the membership file. If you are not a member of IMQA, you have the option of joining or waiting until January 1, 2008 for the non-member registrations to begin.

If you have questions, please let me know if I can help.

Carol Wiles

IMQA Office Manager & Membership Chairperson

MQS Quilt Show Chairperson

finalstitch@yahoo.com

800-980-9505

www.IMQA.org

Archived