Secret santa - SECOND CHANCE

We are doing this at work again this year, and it is so much fun.

How many would like to participate in a Secret Santa gift exchange? I was thinking of doing only one gift, something related to quilitng,of course.

Maybe a grouping of fat quarters, or a rotary cutter, or a marker set, or a panto, or even a wallhanging fresh off the machine.

I would be happy to collect all the names, put numbers beside them and then let everybody "draw" a number to see who they need to send to.

Is anybody interested? We need at least 6 or 7 to make it worth doing.

We would need to get everybody\'s name listed by Monday at the latest.

Post here or email, I\'ll check back this afternoon.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to bring this to the top, again, so we don\'t loose it. Hopefully, a few more people will jump in here. This will be fun to do.

I bought something yesterday at my LQS, so I\'m ready if this is a "go." Unfortunately, I don\'t have time to make anything, and I suspect others may have that problem, too. This is such a busy time of the year.

Teresa-Try to remember this idea for next year. Maybe you could send out a similar post around the middle of November and that might give poeple more time to think about it. (See, I\'m putting this back on you to remember, because sometimes my head is like a sieve and retains very little:) )

I think a $20 maximum is a great price idea.

Basically what I had in mind is that everybody who opts to participate would be given a number on an Excel spreadsheet on my computer. Then I will tell all of you when it\'s time to "pick a number". I\'ll email you and let you know whose name you have. Then you\'ll send a secret gift to that person. We can all reveal who we were on Christmas eve, or close to it.

How does that sound?

I just got an email that had the best questions, so here are the answers; and hopefully some more clarification about the whole thing.

Your item you send does not have to be brand new... maybe a pattern book you bought and didn\'t like, but is still in new conidtion. Maybe some fat quarter cut offs from some of your favorite batiks. Maybe you have two or three of something, some still in the package. Sure, send those. In other words, don\'t go out and buy something special, unless you want to.

This is all about fellowship and fun. You all are truly the best friends I have; and I\'d love to do a Christmas gift for each and every one of you, but I can\'t. So, let\'s do this and we can all share a little bit of holiday cheer.

Does anybody else want in? We have seven, that will be fun, but more would be more fun.

Archived